Ingenious

Hello, Fanfiction-ers! This is my latest story that I'd like to post online and I'm hoping you like it! Since this is the first chapter, I would love if people left me reviews saying if I should continue it or not. There maybe two or three chapters up before I decide to keep it or leave it, so if you enjoy this, please let me know! Any constructive criticism is welcome!

I claim no ownership of Young Justice or any of its original characters.

So, without further ado, welcome to Ingenious!

-Rachel/Brainiac's POV-

There was a crash outside.

Jolting me from sleep, the commotion multiplied until the entire warehouse echoed with the sounds of battle. I leapt from my bed and immediately got dressed, just as the security alarms blared once, then fell silent. Hurried boots clapped loudly as they ran down the hall, only pausing when they reached the sterile white door of my room. Sliding the door up and open, Lex Luthor moved into my line of sight.

"Good, Brainiac, you're awake; the Young Justice brats are here. Take them out." He slammed his fist harder than necessary into a panel aside of the door to release my mind controlling probe.

The probe that held power over me against my will was only about the size of my head. Normally, they came in baseball-sizes, but Lex Luthor had to redesign the model to control my complex mind. And even so, I could resist its control.

Lex Luthor flipped the switch on the probe's side and the machine powered on. A familiar pressure pushed its way over my thoughts and I fell prey to its will. The interruption of my natural pattern of brainwaves made my eyes glow a freaky white, the only sign of being controlled at all and although it gave off a certain amount of light, my natural vision was not affected one bit. When Lex could no longer see my irises or my pupils anymore, he knew I was a slave to his every command.

"Weapon one, capture the Young Justice brats."

I had no choice but to obey.

The outside hallway was dark, but my unnatural glowing eyes gave off just enough light for me to see. Lex always sent me into a fight alone, excepting when Supergirl was involved, out of fear that I would break free of his control and attack his henchmen. His paid followers already thought Supergirl and I were 'creepy', so the added retreats when the supervillan sprung a trap didn't help their nerves. Supergirl was the only person he trusted I wouldn't attack for the reason that he knew she was my friend, and I refused to hurt her, even while under extreme control. Not to mention she had more superpowers than I did and knew how to control them better.

Lex had his henchmen corner the Young Justice team into a storage area with only two exits on opposite sides of the room, they would be our entrances. Although it was considered a storage room, I had a feeling Lex Luthor had foreseen something like this happening and turned the room into a fighting arena. There were no boxes or containers of any kind, the room was bare excepting the support beams sticking out of the ground, walkways that didn't lead anywhere overhead, and a giant eerie glass dome roof above us.

A room's width apart from me stood Supergirl, standing in calm defiance, blocking any exit the Young Justice team tried to make. She wore our usual uniform, a white jumpsuit with matching elbow-length gloves and knee-high wedge boots. The only colorful detail, the symbol of a pink S emblazed on the front of the shirt, near the collar. My symbol was not a pink S, but rather a red X, the only difference in our costumes.

"Ha! Is this all Lex Luthor has to oppose us? A bunch of girls?" The guy who spoke was certainly arrogant; even his costume demanded attention consisting of a red and yellow suit with a flashy black cape. His hair was the color of the night, seconds before dawn, and in contrast his mask held white lenses over his eyes so you couldn't see his eye color. This must be the Batman's apprentice, the one they call Robin, and the R-crest on the right side of his suit confirmed it. He was taller than Supergirl. I knew this even at the somewhat distance I stood from him.