Chapter 1: At the store

The group was at Tompkins's store. They where there for supplies but they got distracted. Everyone was looing t something. Lou was the only one doing the shopping they where sent for. Cody and The Kid where looking at a gun Buck and Ike where looking at some knifes, and Jimmy and Quinn where looking at woman's hats. Everyone was having a good time.

"Kid will you help me with this?" Lou asked looking up from the list Emma sent us with. This caused Buck and Ike to go help her. While Cody, Jimmy and Quinn kept doing it what ever they where doing.

" I think this one would look great on you doll." Jimmy said to Quinn holding up a pink hat witha feather on it.

" I think it would look better on you." Quinn said winking and slipping out of Jimmy's grasp to go help the others

As Quinn started to walk over to Lou two men walked in, Quinn had been around enough drunk men in her short life to know what drunk man looked like by with one quick look, and these two where defiantly drunk. Jimmy in his protective ways stepped close to Quinn. This action made Quinn grin knowing he meant well.

 " is that all for you kids?" Tompkins asked looking at The Kid.

" I sure hope so." The Kid said

" Yeah me two if it is not Emma will be hotter than a pistol." Buck pointed out. By this point the two men had come up to the counter where everyone was standing.

"Sir ?" one of the men asked over the top of Buck and The Kid. This made Jimmy step a little closer to Quinn and grab her hand. This made he smile. The fact that he was worried about her safety made her smile a little.

" yes how may I help you boys?" Tompkins said looking at the two drunken men.

" I was wondering if that is really Wild Bill?" the smaller of the two said pointing to Jimmy. Quinn let out a sigh knowing what this most the time leads to.

"Ummmmm...no" Jimmy said looking at Quinn who just gave a smile.

"Well this is you ain't it?" one of them asked. Quinn hated seeing anyone fight let alone Jimmy. She hated those stupid 10 cent novels so much. She could not just stand there and listen to them talk about Jimmy that way so he picked up a box with some of the goods they had just got and pushing past the group to walk out the door.

" Its just a bunch of lies." Jimmy said coldly grabbing a box and following Quinn.  Once they got outside to the buckboard Jimmy dropped his box this caused Quinn to jump. When Quinn jumped Jimmy notices walking over to her and putting his hand on the small of her back.

" Hey.." he said in a calm voice.

"hey." Quinn said with a warm smile looking at Jimmy

" I did not mean to scare you." Jimmy said looking down at Quinn who was looking at her feet.

"I know. I was just not expecting it." she said looking at him. Jimmy knew the whole book thing upset Quinn and he hated to see her upset. He wished he could get all of the books that said anything about him and burn them.

" I wish people would just forget about the whole book thing, or that they would understand its all a bunch of lies." Jimmy said.  

"well at least I know they are all lies and the boys all know its a bunch of lies so that's all that matters." Quinn said in a calming voice giving Jimmy a quick kiss on the check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sorry if there is any grammar errors.

please vote if you like it and want me to keep writing

Will take requests of stories you want me to write.