1. Trapped

"Come now Alice, it's only a dream."

"It's not a dream... I-It's... a memory. And it makes me sick!"

He ignored me and continued on.

"Now... Focus... Wait, you're floating again. Weightless. A cypher. Relax."

I try my best, but all I see are her cards, her throne... and... and...

"F-Fire! I... I'm in hell!"

"Forget it! Abandon that memory, it's unproductive. Go... to Wonderland..."

"I can't... I'm trapped... in my past..."

I look around as I see people staring at me and yelling to one another.

"Sergent, this girl is badly burnt!"

"Call for a doctor!"

"Will she be alright?"

His voice interrupt my thoughts again.

"No Alice! Discard that dilution, forget it! Go... to Wonderland!"

I watch as the scenery changes around me again.

"I'd rather not, Doctor. My Wonderland's shattered! It's dead to me..."

"Your preference doesn't signify, girl! Now Alice, where are you?"

I see a teacup in my hands and I look up to see someone I recognized.

"I'm sailing... with a friend!" I felt relief wash over me. "Hmm... It's different somehow. Things have changed."

"Change is good. It's the first link in the chain of forgetting."

Just then, my friend's attitude changes. One eye is twitching, and the cup in his hand begins to shake.

"What's happening..." I ask slowly. "Are you mad?..."

"I'm not mad," the doctor answers.

"Rabbit..." I barely say in a whisper.

"That's not right, what's he doing there?"

"Is something wrong?" I ask again, ignoring the doctor's question.

One eye pops out from his head and blood begins to pour from his mouth. He tilts his head, keeping his one eye on me.

"S-Something wrong?..." The Rabbit's voice sounds shaky, and he almost sounds like a demon. "RATHER!"

His head pops off the rest of his body, and at first the blood spewing out is red, then it turns black. The blood splatters all over me, and I freeze with fear.

"Oh no... Not that!"

"Don't struggle Alice, let the new Wonderland emerge."

I see skulls and broken skeletal body parts, and the water around me turns black. The fire returns and the skeletal hands reach up and begin to grab me and tear me apart.

"Pollution... Corruption... I-It's killing me! Wonderland's destroyed! My mind is in ruins!"

"Forget it Alice. Block that dream. Awaken at the sound."

But the only sound I hear is my own scream as the skin of my face is torn off and the rest of the hands pull me under and into darkness.

Leave a comment if I should continue or not. And remember, we're all mad here.