2

Rewind

Doyoung nervously fidgeted with his fingers through the entire class. He had no idea what he was feeling in his heart, but it sure did make a lot of noise. "Why am I so nervous..?" He breathes out.

He didn't even realize when the bell sounded, when he came out of his thoughts, it was by Jaehyun linking his arm around his neck forcefully. "Hey what are you doing? Haha. Class is over."

Doyoung looked up and jumped from surprise, causing Jaehyun to chuckle. "Come on. We need to have lunch with our friends. You know how Lucas scolds us."

Doyoung laughs at that, remembering Lucas's funny stern face. "Okay.." he smiles. Jaehyun holds out his hand to help Doyoung out of his seat, then heading to the cafeteria.

"Hey look who finally shows up!" Lucas furrows his brows cutely. Jaehyun just laughs at that and takes a seat next to Doyoung.

"Wow. You both came together. What were y'all doing~??" Mark teases as always with a wink, they were used to that. Mark does that with everyone. But it made Doyoung feel uneasy and confused. Jaehyun dismissed it by throwing a straw at Mark's forehead.

What Doyoung then saw was Jaehyun glancing over at a girl across the cafeteria, a girl with long black hair and a pretty smile. Doyoung pretended not to notice that Jaehyun was grinning like an idiot, and just ate his lunch, keeping his own smile on his face as he talked with his friends. His friends however, enjoyed Doyoung's infectious gummy smile.

Later that day, Doyoung asked Jaehyun if they could talk on their way home. He had no idea what he was going to say, but he just suddenly blurted it out during lunch. Jaehyun agreed and laughed at how jumpy Doyoung seemed.

That's how they ended down the school pathway, Doyoung stalling as much as he could. "Come on Doyoung you can tell me anything." He laughs, patting his back. Doyoung nervously nodded, smiling slightly. He knew he just had to get it over with, and maybe he'd stop feeling so confused.

The leaves from the trees were falling, a cold breeze making Doyoung shiver. He then took in a chilled deep breath, and started talking.

"Jaehyun... I'm not sure how to say this.. I-I'm a little confused." He says, looking up at Jaehyun with doe eyes. Jaehyun's face twisted with confusion but he kept his smile, "about what?" He asked. At the corner of his eye, he saw that same dark haired girl talking to her friends on the other side of Doyoung.

"I don't know... you're.. so nice to me... a-and.. ahh.." he smiles uncontrollably, cringing at himself for sounding so dumb. He decided not to look at Jaehyun this time. He's glad he didn't, because Jaehyun had a look of horror.

"My heart.. just beats fast when I'm with you.. I don't understand it.. I-I'm just very confused Jaehyun... thank you for listening to this nonsense though. I don't know.. maybe I lik-"
Doyoung starts speaking again, leaving little nervous chuckles here and there. Jaehyun cut him off however.

"Stop... don't say anything else." He said in a calm voice, making Doyoung look up at him to see a face that wasn't calm at all. He looked almost.. angry. It scared Doyoung. All he could think of was, 'what have I done?'

"Don't confuse your friendship with me Doyoung.. that's gross can't you see I'm a guy?? That's not normal." He said sternly.

The air seemed to feel colder as Doyoung hugged his own arms. "J-Jaehyun I'm sorry.." he tried to speak.

"Get away from me Doyoung! I don't want to see your face again. It just makes me sick to think about doing anything with you." Jaehyun sighs, his eyes looking at him with anger and confusion.