1

That day was rainy yet beautiful. The group of friends stayed inside, going on with their daily school lives. There was so much happiness and fun as they all played basketball in the gym. Happiness in all except two, that had tension no one else could see. But for them, you couldn't even cut it with a knife. It was like an urge to give up stubbornness and just talk, leaving shame behind. But it wasn't like that, what happened, Doyoung just couldn't forgive his friend. Not just yet at least. So he avoided him at all costs, getting far away from him just as Jaehyun said he wanted. He wished he didn't come to school at all, but he couldn't skip.. and he didn't want anyone to worry about him. That's what he cared about the most.

Jaehyun for one, couldn't stop staring at Doyoung's bloodied and bruised face that he tried covering with bandages. Something he lied about, saying he just fell to their friends. There's just something in Doyoung's eyes, that leads people into believing him, so they did just that. But Jaehyun knew, and it was making his insides wrench in pain. He, Doyoung's loyal best friend, was the cause of it. He knew it to be true. He hated himself for it, and he didn't know how to get Doyoung's gummy smile back. Not this fake one along with his facade.

After they finished up in the gym, they had cleaning duties set up for each group in the class, so the teacher scolded them to hurry up and get it done.

Jaehyun tried making that his chance, to talk to him, and get him to stop hating him. That thought was eating him alive.

Doyoung bent down to pick up a broom, his back shooting up in pain at that, making him drop it with a loud clack. Jaehyun rushed over and grabbed the broom from the ground, holding it up to hand it to him. "Here.. let me help you." He says to him with a shaky voice, trying to look up into his eyes. Doyoung didn't dare to look at him as he faced the front, his body slightly shaking, "leave.. me alone." He responds, taking the broom and starting to walk away. That's when Jaehyun roughly grabs his arm, pulling him back. Jaehyun fiercely looked into his eyes, tears starting to form in his own.

"Please stop being mad at me!!" He yells almost too harshly. It caught the attention from the group of friends too, as they gave each other looks of worry.

Doyoung slowly looked down at his hand gripping onto his uniform tightly, then looked over at his friends watching. Tears spilled out, tears that he tried so hard to keep in that entire day.. since he cried most of them out the night before. "Is that.. all you care about..? That's all you have to say?" He says through gritted teeth, not believing how Jaehyun could be this dense. He then yanks his arm away from him coldly, starting to storm down the hallway and into the bathroom.

Jaehyun watched him as he left, about to leap into action until Taeyong stops him with his hand. "I don't know what you did..." the blonde starts, "but he's obviously hurt.. just give him time. Don't force it out of him."

Jaehyun felt impatient as Taeyong said that.. but he was right. Soon his heart calmed down and he decided to start cleaning before he got scolded by the teacher. All he could think about was Doyoung's words. What else could Jaehyun do? He couldn't think of anything to be the solution to why he was hurting. In a way, he felt like the beginning of their problem.. wasn't his fault. So he didn't know how to take responsibility. He became angrier once he realized he had no idea what to do.

The rain poured even harder after school, when everyone started to go home. Jaehyun stood outside with his friends, waiting for their rides to appear.. while the ones that did have a car decided to just wait with him. To tell the truth, they just all wanted to know where Doyoung was and if he'd show up. Jaehyun doesn't know what he would do when he does see him.

Soon, Doyoung rushed out of the building with his hoodie on, hoping no one could see him. But it was the talk that got the group's attention.

"Look it's Doyoung!"

"Oh my gosh how embarrassing.. look at Jaehyun's face. Maybe the rumors are true."

Jaehyun's blood boiled at that.

"Jaehyun... what are they talking about? What rumors?" Mark asked carefully from beside him.

There seemed to be a whole swarm of students underneath the awning. They were all pointing and looking with confused, disgusted or hysterical faces. Jaehyun wanted an end to this stupid rumor once and for all.

As Doyoung tried hurrying to his car, that's when he blurted it out.

"I will never love him! Stop with this stupid fucking rumor!" He called out, making it silent as students looked around at each other.

Jaehyun.. messed up again.

"Jaehyun.. why did you say that?" Taeyong asked disappointingly, starting to walk off. Jaehyun felt tears pang his eyes, he felt like he was going insane. It felt like the world was spinning, and the rain was like loud static in his ears.

Then soon, he heard the sound of screeching tires, and a loud crash that would forever echo in his mind for years to come.

He opened his eyes, his eyebrows furrowing together as he tried to focus his eyes on the scene in front of him.

His friends started running, the students were screaming and crying.. lights from the lampposts above  shone onto the face of someone Jaehyun called his best friend.

His legs were wobbling as he ran to the scene, his eyes were blurry with tears as he screamed out his name, "DOYOUNG!"

Doyoung laid there, the car who hit him long gone. His head was gushing blood, and his eyes were closed, yet calm. A little too calm. Jaehyun sobbed hard, as for the rest of them. All they could do was scream for help, and hope that he would be okay.

The teachers soon came running out, aiding to his side immediately in panic. Another one, forced the other kids to go home and stop hoarding. Jaehyun was pushed away by a teacher, but he kept his eyes on Doyoung. It was all his fault. All his fault. That's all he could keep thinking. Flashbacks of memories flooded his mind with panic. Even more so when the teacher checked his pulse.. and there was nothing. Just coldness.

If he could turn back time. He would.

Rewind
Repeat