CHAPTER 6

Dominic Lorenzo

1:25pm

'I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I'am.' ~ Michael Jackson

"So you telling me that you and shorty from the party was fighting over a damn album a few days ago?" Amaru questioned as I reloaded my pistol.

Me and him are in the gun range of the department, we usually come here when we don't have any work to do at the time.

"Yeah man, shorty gonna claim that she had it first 'cause I wasn't there when she saw it. Ain't that some shit." I set the paper on the hook and pressed the button for it to move back to where I wanted it.

He laughed, "Man why you out here fighting with a hoochie over a record? A Prince album at that. For one, who still buys albums, and for two, who even listens to Prince anymore?" he snickered expecting a reaction out of me at his last comment knowing that I hate when he talks trash about Prince.

I rolled my eyes at him before aiming my gun at the practice paper firing two bullets at the head. I fixed the huge headphones that where on my ears before firing the rest of the round in my pistol.

I put the headphones around my neck as I looked over at Amaru's paper noticing that he mostly had head shots and a few body shots.

He smirked, "Ya know, you can learn alot from me if you just ask.'' he cockly spoke as he held up the hole filled paper.

My paper finally came back, I took it off of the hook and smiled as I looked over a Amaru.

"Aye," I got Amaru's attention as I showed him the paper that where full of head shots and not one hole that was anywhere else. "Maybe you need lessons from me son, not vise versa."

He smacked his lips, "You just lucky that's all." he protested, "Let's get back to the situation that happened with you a two days ago. So you where at the record store funna buy the new Prince album right? And all of a sudden, your arguing with the same girl from the party. What was her name, Robin?" he asked as I nodded.

"Okay, so this Robin honey that you've already encountered with even before the party, was at the same place you were at, at the same time, trying to get the same thing? Now that's what I call faith my brotha. You betta bag that honey before I do, I might have to ask her friend for that number." he announced

I smacked my lips, "You can have her 'cuz I most definitely don't want someone like her in my life. Her attitude is so...ugly."

Her snickered, "Are you really standing here talking about someone else's attitude Dom? How you gonna judge someone and you don't even know them? That's why you don't have any females flocking to you now." he noted.

"Just because I don't discuss my sex life with you, doesn't mean I don't get mine.''

"I mean yeah. We live next door to each other and I haven't seen one female come in or out of your apartment since," he paused, looking around the area before whispering in my ear, "Donna."

I mentally rolled my eyes, "What I tell you about speaking her name around me?"

"I'm sorry man but you gonna have to get over what she did to you sometime." he pointed out.

"Step off of that Amaru."

He held his hands up in defense before walking towards someone else engaging in a conversation, I sighed as I began to reload my gun. I'm some what surprised he brought up my old relationship with my ex, especially since I asked him to never bring her up when he's around me.