Niykee

Someone is shaking my shoulder lightly and I open my eyes, rubbing them to take the sleep away. I look to my left and see Derek standing outside the door. When he sees me looking at him he smiles.

"Come on. We're home", he says and my eyes widen. I can't wait to see what the house looks like. I hurry to get out of my sit and jump out of the car.

I get a little dizzy from standing up too fast and Derek chuckles lightly holding me up. "Slow down! The house isn't going anywhere", he states and I laugh a little at his statement.

I sober out and look up at him, "I know, it's just that home never felt like home before so I'm hoping this time I can call this house a home", Derek's face softens at my declaration and how sad I sound. He immediately pulls me into a hug which I, of course, return.

"I know and I promise this will be the best house ever. Now, come on so you can see your room", he says pulling away and smiling down at me. I give a small smile in return and take a big breath in.

We start walking towards the house with me trailing behind Derek. I am looking down the whole time we are walking at the path; I am paying attention to my surrounding and don't think to look up at the house. As I am walking, suddenly Derek stops me and I turn and look at him confused. All he does, though, is smile and nod his head towards the house. I turn my head and look at the house. I gasp at the view that my eyes are receiving. The house is so beautiful; two stories high, painted white with a gray roof and the windows are big with black borders. Wow! I am amazed. I don't know my mouth is open until Derek puts his hand under my chin and closes it for me. He starts laughing at my reaction and I glare at him but soon start laughing along with him. I look back at the house with a big and genuine smile on my face.

I have never lived in a house this nice. My dad always said that I don't deserve a house that is beautiful. I erase those thoughts out of my mind and focus on following Derek that's walking inside the house. The inside is as breathtaking as the outside; hardwood floors, tan colors on the walls, a medium sized living room with a white sofa, a big screen on the wall and a coffee table. Movies, games and other entertainment systems are scattered around the living room. I walk down a narrow hallway and it leads to the kitchen. An island counter is located in the middle with black garnet counter tops and tan cabinets. I leave the kitchen and walk towards another narrow hallway that leads to stairs that go up. I make my way up the stairs and look at the long hallway that has doors located on each wall. I look at all the doors wondering which door leads to my room. I see Derek coming up the stairs so I seize the opportunity to ask him just that.

"Derek, what room is mine", I ask him. He looks up at me when I talk and smiles.

"You will know when you see it", is all he says and walks away leaving me confused as hell. Frowning I start the search for my room.

First door on my left definitely isn't mine as I walk in on a shirtless Mark. He jumps at the intrusion in his room but when I start laughing, he soon joins me. I tell him that I am sorry and close the door leaving him to put a shirt on. I walk down the hallway opening each door and making sure I knock before I get in to check if it's mine. I do not want to have to walk in on something I don't want to see. Finally, I locate my room at the middle of the hallway doors. When I open the door the only thing that comes out of my mouth is a gasp. I am shocked at the beauty of the room. Deep purple walls decorate the room with a queen size bed, light purple bedding and a big screen across the bed. The windows are hidden from me with light, and a little bit of dark, purple curtains. The white door on my right leads to a closet, a desk by the window and a dark purple carpet. I feel tears forming in my eyes from the beauty of the room and I have to sit down. I feel light headed. I am so overwhelmed with everything so I start sobbing but my tears are not sad, they are tears of happiness. I am finally free of that monster!