CHAPTER 20

-Lea's POV-

"Lea!" I hear a squeal coming from behind me.

"Holy fuck!" I say and run up to her, throwing my backpack down.

"I missed you so freaking much!" she yells.

"I missed you too! I can't believe that you're actually here!" I pull myself away from her grip to grab my backpack.

I give her a closer look.

Her then long black hair are short with dark pink strands. She had pierced her ears like seven times and she wore a billion rings and bracelets. But what impressed me the most was the change in her clothes. She was all dressed in black. Black short shorts, black tied T-shirt, black converse. Black everything.

"Emily, you've changed." I smile at her.

"For the best I hope." she returns the smile. "After I stopped drugs, I decided that I had to change."

She was so right. I changed too after I stopped with all these things.

"But I really need to ask." she says. "You called and said that you wanted us to meet later and in New Zealand. Why?"

Here we go. Now I have to explain her everything.

"But first, let's leave the port, okay? Let's walk a bit and I'll tell you everything." I say.

I put my backpack over my shoulder and we start walking to a cafe nearby.

We order coffee and something to eat and we start talking.

"You have a sister? Here in New Zealand?" she exclaims after I have explained everything to her.

"Yeah. I left without warning and now they're probably going to be worried to death but I couldn't tell them where I was going." I take a sip of my coffee as I push the plate away from me since I'm done with my eggs.

"And why don't you call them?" she asks.

"How didn't I think of that?" I exclaim. "Oh wait, I did." I say and push my phone towards her.

"No need to be sarcastic." she says as she looks at my dead phone. "And you always had that thing about charging your cell."

I laugh at her remark. She still knows me as good as she did then. It's not that much actually. Just two months.

Wait, two months? That means... I have to go back to America for the last year of school.

No, no, no, no. I can't go back there. I-I just can't. And not with her. And what about Luke and the others? What about them? And Calum? I just got him back, I can't leave him now. Ashton? No, I can't leave him. What am I gonna do without his ridiculous giggles? Michael and his hair? I need to be there when he changes his hair colour again. And most importantly Luke? What am I gonna do without him? He's like my rock. The only thing that keeps me alive, that allows me to live and not just exist.

"Lea, honey, are you okay?" Emily's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, why?" I ask, my voice cracking in the end.

"Because you were lost for five minutes-" she says but I cut her off.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." I force a smile.

"I didn't finish. Your eyes were wide open and..." she reaches for my cheek "...you were crying."

I reach for my cheek, feeling the tears run down my cheeks and falling on the table.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go find Emma now." I say and stand up, throwing half of the money on the table and Emily throwing the other half.

"How do you know she was here?" Emily asks running to catch up with me.