57

I smirk at the obvious excitement that Lexi is displaying while squirming over in the passenger seat

I smirk at the obvious excitement that Lexi is displaying while squirming over in the passenger seat. She's so impatient but I can't help but love that about her. Love.

Is it too soon to love her?

"Where are we going now?" She asks with wide eyes, pleading at me with that face that makes me almost just give in and tell her. I resist.

"A place," I say vaguely, making her roll her eyes at me but she finally shuts her perfect mouth. I pull in to a strategically placed parking lot, behind a few buildings so that she can't see where I'm taking her right away. I get out of the truck and open the door for Lexi to climb out. "And now we walk," I lead her towards our destination after grabbing a blanket from the backseat.

She wraps her arms around one of mine, hugging it against her chest and I smirk but don't say anything. I look down at her hair as we walk, a slight breeze coming off of the ocean has picked up and is blowing her hair back making her look like one of those models in a shampoo commercial.

When our feet touch the sand as we're walking between two buildings, she can finally see that I've taken her to a beach. I see her smile out of the corner of my eye. Where I've taken her is a little beach town not too far away, but it is also much nicer and less populated than where we live.

We both take our shoes and socks off and carry them, feeling the sand between our toes as the sun starts to set, creating a bright sky of blue, orange, and pink. Lexi's face lights up when she realizes it is the timing more so than the location that I've taken her to see. We have a perfect view of the horizon from here and I lay down the blanket for us to lie down on and watch the sun disappear.

"This is amazing, Chase. Thank you for bringing me here." I look over at her to see her smiling at me. Her eyes flickering between my eyes and my lips, silently asking me to kiss her, so I do. I softly press my lips against hers, trying to express how I feel as her sweet lips move against my own slowly.

Lexi brings her hands up to my neck and pushes me to lie down so that she can climb on top of me, straddling my waist. I'm quickly realizing that this position isn't only for sexual purposes, but more importantly, it's a way for her to get closer to me. Of course, every time this girl climbs on my lap I am unable to control my response and she is fully aware. Her legs are perfectly bared to me as her shirt raises up. We slow down our kisses, and I move her so that she's still sitting on my lap, but facing the ocean while I look on from behind her. Kissing her hair, I lean back on my hands and watch the sun.

Lexi leans into my chest and I wrap my arms around her, not wanting to ever let go of this girl. This amazing girl that stumbled, quite literally, into my arms. We watch as the beautiful colors begin to fade, and once they do, I grab her waist and lift us both up, gathering the blanket quickly and grabbing her hand to lead us back to the truck.

"Where are we going?" She asks curiously, probably wanting to stay at the beach.

"I have other plans for us, Angel." I look back and smile. Once we reach the truck I open the door for her again and close it gently behind her. I get in and start the truck, driving off to our next destination. Arriving perfectly on time, considering it only opens when the sun sets, I order two tickets to see some sappy romantic movie that I know she will love.