Chapter 1

This is it. My life is over. One Direction has officially broken up. For the past 6 years, I have followed every step One Direction has taken... especially Louis Tomlinson.

I watched all of their performances on X Factor, and was kinda upset when they only got 3rd place, even though they totally deserved 1st. But that's beside the point...

My friends all thought I was wayyyy to obsessed with them. And to be honest... I kind of was. My bedroom walls were covered in One Direction posters. I had every song of every album memorized. I had watched every interview they ever had. I also went to 5 of their concerts, one for each album. I cried soooo much when they sang History at their last concert (which happened to be the one I went to for their last album, Made In The A.M.).
———————————————————————————
*2 years later*
—————————————————————————
"ADDY!!! GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT!!!" I screamed, as I ran into my best friend's bedroom.

"WHAT, WHAT, WHAT!!!" Addy replied, mocking my excitement.

"First of all, it's rude to mock people. And second... I GET TO AUDITION ON X FACTOR!!!"

"That's cool... what are you going to sing?"

"Umm... isn't it obvious? I'm going to sing Miss You, by Louis Tomlinson. And if I do it good enough, he might notice me"

"Lexi, we've been over this, you will never marry Louis. He probably doesn't even watch X Factor"

Does she not listen to anything I say?!? I've told her that Louis is an X factor judge MULTIPLE times... seriously, sometimes I wonder if she even cares about me.

"Addy, we've been over this" I said, mocking her just like she did to me. "Louis is a judge on the X factor, so if I can stand out from the rest of the contestants, then maybe Louis will remember me..."

"I'm sorry I didn't remember... I'm not obsessed with him like you are" she said sarcastically.

It really makes me angry when Addy doesn't listen to me. I always listen to her when something happens. She used to be obsessed with Shawn Mendes, and I listened to all of her rants, I went to all of his concerts with her, and I supported her every step of the way. Why can't she just listen to me for once?

"Ya know, it kinda gets annoying when I tell you all this stuff, and you don't care one bit." I said in an angry tone.

"Ya know, it kinda gets annoying when all you talk about is Louis. You are completely obsessed with him. All you listen to is One Direction."

"Well I want to make sure they are never forgotten."

"Just face it, One Direction is dead. Nobody cares about them anymore. Well... nobody except you."

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!!! A lot of people still care about them!"

"NO THEY DON'T!!!" She cut me off. "I'm sick and tired of you thinking One Direction will get back together! Well, reality check, THEY ARE NEVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER!!! And I'm tired of you thinking Louis is the most important person in the world! Well guess what, Louis doesn't even know you exist, and he never will! This stupid dream of yours about dating Louis Tomlinson will never come true! I can stand being around you when you talk about them! If you can't forget about him and start paying attention to what's right in front of you, then don't bother coming over to my house anymore. And don't come crying to me when Louis completely ignores you on national TV, because I won't be here to listen!"

"THATS JUST THE THING!!! YOU NEVER LISTEN ANYWAYS!!! And don't worry, you don't have to worry about me anymore."

I stormed out of her house, got in my car, and drove home, crying. I can't believe it. Addy and I have been best friends since kindergarten. We did everything together. I didn't really have any other friends except for her. We told each other everything. I told her about my dream of becoming a singer, and she said she would support me all the way through it. That was clearly a lie...

I was 23, so I lived on my own. My parents died when I was 14, and I was an only child, so Addy was all I had. And now she's gone too. So I guess I'm all alone. At least I still had Louis to look forward too. I'm going to prove Addy wrong. I'm going to audition on X factor, get Louis' attention, and let fate take over from there.

I've taken many buzzfeed quizzes, saying who your soulmate is, and I've gotten Louis almost every time, so clearly we belong together. Just wait, and when I'm rich and famous, she's going to come crawling back to me, and I'll just remind her of everything she said. Just wait... she's gonna be sorry...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So this is my first book, I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you guys think of it. I want honest opinions please! Let me know if there is anything I should change about my writing style that would make it more interesting.

Next chapter: preparing for the audition. Will Addy and Lexi make up? Or is their friendship over for good?

Picture: One Direction in their earlier years.

Video: History.

Next update: I don't really know, probably over thanksgiving break.