Chapter Three- With a Little Help From My Friends

"Where are we going?" I asked, leaning forward between the car's two front seats to be next to the guys.

"Bobby's. He's an old family friend, he can help us with the whole situation." Dean looked in the rearview mirror at me and I looked down and blushed. Sam sighed not-so-subtly and shifted in his seat. I saw Dean smile to himself as I laid down in the backseat.

"Alright, well, wake me when they get there." I rolled over and faced the seat, listening to the soft whisper of the tires on the ground and the growling sound the engine made.

We pulled up into a lot with cars everywhere, some missing parts and others seemed like a pile of parts, with a big sign that read, "Singer Auto" above the ground.

We got out and Dean made sure to walk right next to me, glancing over at Sam and sending him a look.

I rolled my eyes along with Sam as he opened the door for Dean and I. We walked in the door to find an older guy with a beard staring down at sprawled out books across a desk, about to take a sip of whiskey from a glass when he noticed us.

"Sam, Dean..." He nodded at them and he nodded back. "Who's she?" His eyes fixed on me.

"This is Cassie." Dean said, walking over to the desk and gazing down at the open pages. "What are you researching?"

"Oh, looking at the lore on demons again-"

"Demons?" I asked, arms crossed and walking toward the desk.

"Oh, uh, he means-" Sam started but I cut him off too.

"They're real?" I asked, sitting down and shaking my head.

"Well, now you might as well know..." Dean pulled up a chair in front of me and leaned forward. "Demons, Angels, Werewolves, it's all real." He said, stressing points of the sentence.

"Wow." Was all I could muster up.

"Wow?" Sam repeated, confused.

"I mean, it does sound a little whacky but, there's some part of me that thinks it's okay, I guess. I mean, otherwise I'd be freaking out, right?" Dean nodded unsurely and got up.

"So where'd you find her anyway?" Bobby, I think his name was, asked. Dean told him about Cas finding me, and my flashbacks, and about how we came to him for help.

"Well why'd you come to me for help? Why didn't you just go to her home town?"

"And do what, Bobby? We don't have an address or anywhere specific to head to. All we got is a name and a place." Dean said, and I fliched at the volume of his voice at the man.

"Google, ya idjit." He said, opening up a laptop. I was still contemplating his word choice in my head when Dean had apparently made a discovery.

"I googled your name, and it says here you work at a psychiatrist office?" He said, more as a question. I shrugged, all I remembered was an office.

"Alright, should we go?" Sam said, looking at Dean.

Dean picked the keys up off the desk where he set them, rushing to the door shouting, "To Illinois!"

And so I was in the backseat. Again.

I was just watching how the brothers moved and acted around eachother. It was obvious they loved eachother a lot, but a lot of love seemed to lead to a lot of disagreeing.

"Nicki Minaj? Come on, man." Dean said, smacking Sam's hand away from the radio. He fiddled with it for a moment before settling on a classic rock station, tapping his thumb on the steering wheel to the beat of the music. I decided to stop focusing on him when he began strumming the wheel like a guitar and stared out the window.

I hate being in the car.

* * *

Around 9 hours later, we were in Illinois. Sam sat up and yawned, checking his phone and texting someone.

A big sign that read 'Pontiac, Illinois' came and went past our car, just like the one in my flashback.

"It's late, we'll crash and tomorrow we'll drop by your work and see if you recognise anyone there." Dean said to me, looking in the rearview mirror at me so he didn't have to turn and take his eyes off the road.

I nodded, butterflies in my stomach about what was to happen tomorrow.

We pulled up to a cheap looking motel, and got in to find it was better looking on the inside than the out. Dean set the keys on the little table near the door.

"I'm gonna take a shower again, so I look a tad bit more presentable for tomorrow..." I said standing by the door.

"Here, I have clothes you can sleep in." Sam smiled, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and another huge plaid shirt.

I thanked him and began to undress in the bathroom when I heard them arguing again.

I turned on the shower and stepped in.

"Dean, she is not just your property." I heard Sam yell as I picked up the little bottle of complementary shampoo.

"I never said she was my property, Sam. Alright, so I have a crush on the girl, so what?"

"Well you always get the girl. And I like her too, so why don't you lay off just this once." Damn, these hotel walls sure are thin.

I stepped out and grabbed a white towel off the rack and began to dry myself off. I put my underwear back on since I didn't have any others, and put Sams shirt over my bra.

I put the sweatpants on and they immediately fell to the floor. Even with the drawstring tightened, they were gigantic. The shirt was long enough, so I ditched the pants and came out of the room to find Sam shirtless and Dean looking at a journal on his bed.

I looked at Sam and got a little flushed, so I cleared my throat and approached him. "Uh, these sweatpants didn't fit so I thought I'd give them back..."

He looked down at me and smiled. "Oh, yeah, I'll just put them back then." He smiled and threw them back in his bag. He turned, and I involuntarily checked him out.

I was about to head over to Dean's bed because that was where I had slept the night before, but he looked a tad pissed and rolled over to face the other direction.

"C-can I sleep with you tonight?" I asked Sam, because I was afraid if I approached Dean he'd murder me.

His face lit up. "Of course." He smiled and I smiled back. I layed down on the side of the the closest to the sidetable, and also closest to Dean's bed. He was facing away from me so I couldn't see his face but he seemed unhappy.

I laid there for a moment just thinking, mostly about how tomorrow I'd probably have to leave these guys and go back to the life I'd had before.

I turned to find Sam asleep, laying on his back. I cuddled into him, laying my head on his chest and drifting into a soft sleep, listening to the steady rythem on his heartbeat.

//

sams like a 6'4 cute cuddly teady bear who also happens to be a mass murderer