ARMS .

August 16, 2014.

Trent is finally coming home from battle in Iraq after nine months . I never thought  this could come any slower! Every second felt like a minute, every minute felt like an hour, and every hour felt like days . Marking the calender only made time  ... well , take it's time. We've only been together for one year and six months . I just recently graduated high school, and got accepted to a local University. Trent graduated in May of 2013 and went straight into war . That devastating call ruin our little nine month anniversary dinner. But, I was proud of him . His dream came true . 

Being in love with someone you is fighting for our country, our freedom ... isn't what it's planned to be . Well,  for me it wasn't . Trent was my first everything ; my first kiss, my first boyfriend, the first guy that I ever loved . The images that run through my mind everytime the doorbell rings, or a knock at the door are outrageous . I know I'm suppose to think positive, but I just can't bear with the idea that he may not come home one day. I'm excited that he's coming home now . 

" Christina, do you want someone to drive to the airport with you? "

" No, it's alright, mom. "

" Are you sure, sweetheart? Your Dad and I would love -- "

" Mom ... I'm fine . " 

" Okay .. well, If you need anything just let me know . " she said . I smiled and nodded.

They didn't agree with Trent and I before, why the sudden change? 

***

LAX Airport ; August 16, 2014 .

He's almost here, my baby is almost home. I can't think straight, my heart is pounding out of my chest, my breathing is staggered! I haven't felt like this since our first date . Calm down, Christina . 

I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart,

But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start.

I walked up to the TV screen that was displaying all of the incoming and outgoing flights. 

" Flight 206 from Iraq. " 

You put your arms around me,

And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go,

You put your arms around me and I'm home.

Flight 206 arrived  thirty minutes later. I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack. I slowly began walking outside where all the other Army Wives/Girlfriends , surrounded the plane . 

How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around?

 I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown

The doors of the plane opened, and the first soilder peered out. Screams, flashes, " thank-you's" came from every direction. The soilder smiled and waved as he walked to his family . Tears already streaming down their face . Beautiful . 

I hope that you see right through my walls

I hope that you catch me 'cause I'm already falling

I'll never let a love get so close

You put your arms around me and I'm home