Another Werewolf Story

Everyone and their mother has got a personal spin in the werewolf department.

For me, I personally LOVE the theme, but I hate about 99% of the books written on it. Here's why: Alphas and Mates.

It's literally the same shit over and over. The lone wolf, or the runt, or the rouge, or just some random female falls for the Alpha. Or the Alpha rejects his mate, cause she's either not high in the food chain or she's carrying his kid, or he's ashamed. Then there's the kidnapped-need-to-be-rescued shit and blah blah blah.  Let me tell you, it gets old, and it gets old quick.

So because it's so hard to find a good werewolf story here on Wattpad, I usually just make up my own stories in my head.

I've been toying with the idea of a world with different shifters, like bears, birds, mice, you name it. And this world is, of course, in danger because of some really indimidating hunters. Life is threatened and some packs move togeather for safety in numbers. This one girl who lives with a fox pack is forced to move with the bears, but she's so damn stubborn and she's wants to stay behind with some of the patrol pack members cause she's been trying to prove herself since she could told a fork. So the leader lets her, but only because he fears greater trouble were they are going. So she and a hand full of others get to live close to their old home, and convieniently, with the wolf pack not to far from it. The wolves are the most common shifters and are respected greatly for it. So going in head first to a foreign scary yet exciting place, this girl has the time of her life. Here she meets old friends and takes interest a wolf that's kind of a crazy, but in a cute oh-he's-dangerous-by-actually-kind-of-a-softy kinda way.

That's really about all the thought I've put into the idea, but here's a little seagment in the first couple of so chapters I actually tried to write out but failed miserably.

In these parts, the wolves are coming to the Fox pack for a meeting because the hunters have been spotted very close to both of their clans.

= "Wait, what, the wolves are coming?"

Jackson slid a shirt on and didn't even give me a second glance.

"Yep. Coming to discuss the hunter crisis."

I bit my lip while I played with the ends of my hair. That only meant one thing, and that they were getting closer to the pack. They had already slaughtered the deer down by the river and the hawks further south. We might be next.

"I take it you know this because you're on guard duty." "Of course."

Jason was on of the packs muscle. He'd be there for treaty signings, risky feild work, or just to run the patrols every now and then. He's been doing it since he hit puberty a few years ago and god help me was I so jealous. I had wanted to do what he did for so long, but Aron have never let me. To make up for it, Jason told me all the inside details. He never kept me in the dark and basically told me everything, even though he'd be made into a rug if anyone ever found out.

"Just, be careful when they're over here alright?"

He stood in front of my, mussing my hair to hell. Even though it annoyed me, I knew he was doing to to reassure himself that I was going to be fine. He'd been like that since we where children. Always looking out for me.

***

I sat on the porch with my book as the sun sunk into the horizion. As I looked around, it seemed I wasn't the only one who suddently found an interest to be outside tonight.

It looked like almost everyone was lotiering outside. Walking the path, smoking a cigarette, peering through the front screen door. Everyone one was on edge and I couldn't blame them.

Our hearing wasn't as good as some, but our sight was great. So we all sat and watched the woods edge for any little movement. The sun winked behind the trees and as night started to decend I started to wonder if something had happened.

A slight russtle, and undergrowth could be seen getting moved. Finally. The wolves had arrived.

***

Through-out the whole meeting I stayed on the porch. Sure, I could have gone and easedropped like I usually did, but the wolves would have heard me trying to get close, and Aron would have my ass on the block. So I stayed put and pretended to read.

A good half an hour passed before the doors opened. They all filled out, all blank faced. No on looked ready to rip some limbs off, though there wan't a reason to anyway. I let out a small sigh of releif.

But of course, being the dumb I was, I didn't noticed my untouched book that was slipping off the porch swing. The book hitting the wolden porch wasn't all that loud, but to me it felt like a try driving through a glass factory. Cursing under my breathe I picked it up, then shyly looked up.

A couple of the wolves turned their heads to look at me. Even though it was such a minor thing, I suddently wished I had listened to Jason and went to bed. I was saved further embarassment because they didn't linger long.

Within the next few seconds, they were gone, melting into the forrest and disapearing all together. =

So yeah, there's just some snipets of that idea. Boring stuff, but just some things that painted themselves very easily for me. Re-reading it kind of makes me want to countine on with it, but lord knows that'll probably never happen. So if you're reading this and you didn't want it to end, I got some bad news for ya.

OwOwO

This is unedited. Sue me.