Chapter 2:

I found myself leaning on him and making myself feel comfortable.

    "They're gone, it's safe now." he said letting out a breath of relief, "What are you doing?" he smirked raising an eyebrow.

    I could hear the cockiness in his voice. My eyes that were closed, opened. I looked up to see him smiling down at me. I swore my heart skipped a beat. Wow.... I was speechless. In awe even.

   "What?" he asked confused by my reaction.

   "Nothing," I said turning away blushing furiously.

   I got up and brushed off the non-existent dust off of me.

   "Thanks for urm, protecting me." I mumbled.

   "You're welcome," he said mumbling as well.

   I started to walk away and my heart suddenly started to throb in my chest. I suddenly stopped walking and turned back.

   "Um, can I talk to you?" I said my eyebrows knitting together.

   "Of course." he replied.

   "This," I said pointing at him and me, "was a mistake we weren't supposed to even meet where as talk to eachother." I said. "So let's promise one another that we won't talk about this 'incident' or even think of it and of course, not meet each other ever again."

   He looked a bit hurt but was gone as soon as I saw it. "Ok, let's not. I give you my word."

   Smiling a bit, I walked in the other direction so I can transport myself back into my world. I felt completely perplexed. After going to school for many, many years and getting honors, I had never heard of an angel and demon meeting. I made myself a mental note to research this even further. I closed my eyes repeated the same spell I use every time and was back in heaven when I opened them.

    I was almost immediately greeted by two guards. I felt my fists clench and my stomach tighten as he walked down to see me.

    "William," I said with a plastered smile on my face, "what a surprise. What are you doing here?" I asked trying to not break my façade.

    He gingerly kiss me on the cheek "Baby, what are you doing missions when our wedding is only a few days away?"

    I shuddered at the thought of it. "You know how dedicated I am." I said frowning.

    "Starting now," he yelled in the room making sure everyone heard "Angelica is not aloud to do missions."

    He smirked smugly at me. I felt the need to rip his head off, even if I was bind by angel laws.

    "I'll meet you at dinner." he said as he walked away. The two guards walked along with him.

    When he was gone, I screamed. I wanted to tear everything apart. Although there was only so much to break since the room was so small.

    "Angelica!" I heard Jessica yell at me. "Stop gripping the desk so hard, you're going to break it." she scolds me.

    I blink a few times and let go. "Sorry." I apologize.

    Jessica was my best friend. Despite being tormented by a lot of people because of her sliver like hair and shy personality, she was amazing. Just not a lot of people saw it.

    "I'm sorry you have to marry him.." she says trailing off.

    I give her a soft smile. It's not like I wanted to marry him exactly. I was chosen, I guess you could say. Prince William was to be betrothed to a princess. What kind of princess I'm not quite sure of. But despite of this, he chose me. He tells me, 'When I first laid my eyes on you, I fell in love.'. To be honest, I call it utter bullshit.

    He basically chose me, kidnapped me, locked me in the castle and made me marry him. It was as if I was some kind of animal. Well, I am a creature. But that's not the point. If he had really loved me, he wouldn't have done that and actually proposed to me at the very least. Although thinking about marrying him eternally made me want to break a forbidden law.

    "I'll see you tomorrow ok? I'll talk to you then." I gave a forced smile.

    Understanding, she waved me goodbye as I shimmered away. I appeared at the castle library. I wanted to research about how me meeting that demon was even possible. Last time I noticed, our portals and their portals didn't even intersect. Never.  

    I rolled up the sleeves of my white t-shirt. I had a lot of reading to do.

                                                                                   ~~~~

    I woke up with light shining through the curtains blinding my eyes as I woke. Books and books laid around me. I stretched my arms above my head and yawned loudly. I suddenly remembered the dinner date me and William had. I slammed my head on the desk groaning.  A book suddenly fell. I picked it up.

    It was a leather bound book that felt light but looked heavy. Curious, I opened it. The contents showing a tale of a young girl. The words were written as if someone was in a hurry. I scrunched my eyebrows together as I started to read it. My eyes skimmed the the written text on the page only wanting to get the gist of what the stor was since I could hear the guards in the hallway approaching me. I gasped the same time the guards came in. I stood up and hid the book behind my back. 

     "The prince wishes to see you." the guard had told me in a monotone voice. 

     I frowned and nodded, the guard walking away. I let out a sigh of relief as I saw him walk out of the study. I walked to my room first, and put the book away, hidden from sight. I was definitely going to read the rest later. I approached the dining room to meet his lustful eyes on me. I couldn't help but shudder under his gaze. He smiled and gestured me to sit down. I sat down far from him. The maid was putting our breakfast on our plates. 

     "Where were you last night?" he asked as he ate. "You were supposed to eat dinner with me." he said coldly.

     "I was in the study." I replied in the same tone. He didn't say anything.

     "We are going to the nearby kingdom of Azonia to meet some of my friends." he said as he finished. The maid quickly took the plate away.

     I stood up and left, leaving the food uneaten. 

     "Remember this, you are my bride and you will become my wife. No matter what comes in between us." his voice echoed throughout the empty building. 

     I could feel the tears whelm up in my eyes. I fell onto my bed, crying and sobbing. I eventually stopped and sat upright. From the corner of my eye, I could see a feint glow. The book. I picked it up as it was shining a golden ligth through it. I wiped my tears away and opened the book to read it.

~

Welllll I doubt anybody is going to read it considering I've been on hiatus for a long, long time. But if you do please leave a comment or vote ^_^ it would give me great encouragement!! (I also changed the title >.<)

~love, anonymous writer