Broken *Daryl*

Years have passed since Rick was gone. Daryl was gone as well he was a live, but he stayed away. I've been helping Jesus with the hilltop, mostly just simple things. I had not only lost my Daryl, I had our child that he doesn't even know about. I was brushing down a young colt desensitizing was key raising young horses. Even more so in this world was super important. Suddenly a dog comes running by causing the colt to rear kicking me in the leg as he came down. Thankfully he was still small enough I'd only have a bruise nothing serious, even if it did hurt like a bitch. I then heard a bike. My face dropped knowing that could only mean one thing. Turning my eyes land on Daryl tears stream down my face. I walk off handing the colt to someone. Passing Daryl without even a glance as he hugs Jesus.
"___," I hear his voice behind me as his footsteps follow.
"Daryl," I growl crossing my arms refusing to look at him.
"How have you been?" His hand rests on my shoulder.
"Like you care!" I snapped, "I get it you where looking for Rick. But you know what? You disappeared for six years. I have suffer. Hell more then you can think off."
"I am here now," he states. "I'm sorry.."
"You're sorry?" I chuckle. " If only you knew. You would be then..."
"Mommy!" I hear Belle yell. Running she puts her arms out I bend down catching her as she jumps.
"Oh, I see. Who's her dad?" He asked.
"My daddy isn't around. Mommy said he lives in the woods." Belle answers before I could say anything.
"Belle," I sigh. "That's Daddy."
"You're Daddy?" She asked. Daryl wide eyed at me a smile builds on his face. Daryl goes to take her and she shy's back.

"You may be her dad, but she still doesn't know you." I walk away Belle on my hip shaking my head. "It's okay Belle, you can your time to know him. Let's get some lunch in you."

I hear footsteps following me as I set Belle down she runs up the steps to the trailer.

"Daryl, I really don't want to with you." I groan at the footsteps.

"He deserves a chance, you know. She deserves to get to know her father." Jesus states putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Why, he can't just walk back in here. Expecting everything to be okay. I loved him... What happens when in let him back in. Allow myself to love him again and Belle to love him. Then what he disappears again. This isn't the first time you know it's been the longest but he disappeared for months before. When he is here I've never felt safer, even before this world. I could handle the disappearing and the hurt. I will not let my daughter be subjected to that." I let tears fall down my face. Jesus pulls me into him hugging me. "I know you are right, but I can't watch Belle feel the hurt I do every time he disappears."

"I won't," Daryl's raspy voice only a few feet behind me. "I am sorry," I turn tears still running down my face as he steps closer. "I can't make excuses. I was wrong for disappearing I thought it was better. Watching Michonne lose Rick... I didn't want you to go through that. I was wrong for making that decision."

"Listen to him, I'll feed Belle." Jesus pats my shoulder after moving away. He heads into my trailer. Daryl steps closer reaching his hand out to my cheek to wipe a tear from my face. Only causing me to sob more.Leaning into him I hit his chest at first hard as I can as I sob. Turning into weak punches as my arms begin to tire. He just allows me to hit him before wrapping his arms tightly around me. I don't know how long I stood there crying in his arms. I just remember a hearing a small thud and looking at Belle who had hit Daryl in the leg.

"You made mommy cry." She goes to whacks him again this time picking up a stick to do it. I grab her hand before she can hit him with the stick.

"Honey, you don't hit him. Even if he made me cry, he is your daddy. Why don't you spend some quality time with him. Mommy needs to rest for a bit I don't feel good." Belle nods and glares at Daryl before I take my leave.

It's been a few months and Daryl has not left again except for missions. I still fear he may never come back whether its because he decides the woods is calling his name or because he loses this war of a life.