Part 18: Slumber Party From Hell pt.1

(Part 18: Slumber Party From Hell pt.1)

(Avalon's P.O.V)

The days following up to today have been slow and painful.

It's Thursday already and I've been on edge all day.

Which makes sense seeing as it's been 15 days counting today.

I've successfully avoided Xavier all week and it's raised questions in our friend group as to why I haven't been sitting at the table.

Of course none of them know.

It's also Lillith's little party thing today.

I sigh and trudge out of my last class as students fill the halls to grab their stuff and go home.

As I make my way to my locker, I feel someone pull me aside and I gasp, the feeling all too familiar to my days with Ryder.

"Goldi... " Xavier's hoarse voice fills my ears and I relax a bit.

I turn towards him, ready to spout off but stop when I see his appearance.

His eye bags are dark and his hair is disheveled, as well as his clothes being a mess.

"Wow, are you okay" I put my forearm to his forehead, putting aside my anger and making sure he's okay.

"Please stop ignoring me, it's killing me, knowing that you're mad at me" He pleads while holding my hands to his chest.

A bit intimate.

Screw off mind.

I can agree that I've barely gotten any sleep, being deprived from Xavier so long....

It's just.... He has to have a reasonable explanation to asking me on a date then basically ending it right away.

"I've got to go, I'm heading to Lillith's" A look around for Lillith seeing as I want to catch a ride from her.

"For fucks sake" Xavier turns my head and kisses me intensely.

What the hell?

I pull away and give him a confused look.

"Look, Ava I-" He's cut off as Lillith approaches us, waving and calling out for me.

I'm still being held in Xavier's arms so I have to force myself to pry his arms from around me.

"Hey Lillith" I smile and spare one more glance at Xavier before walking with her.

~ ~ ~ ~

"What color should I make my nails" Tracey asks Zahbia while they cuddle on Lillith's bed, a bunch of nail polish laid out before them.

Well they'll be occupied for awhile.

I smile softly at them and glance at the movie playing.

Legally Blonde.

What a good movie.

"Hey Ava, can I have your help, there's way too much food for me to carry with only two hands" Lillith comes up and asks me.

She probably senses that the two love birds won't be moving anytime soon.

I nod and follow her.

I'd say that Lillith is the definition of a girly girl.

Everything she does is extra too, her room is filled to the brim with everything pink and I swear, glitter is crammed in every nook and corner you lay your eyes on.