Chapter 43: To be found

Jayson POV

She accepted!!!

To tell the truth, I felt relieved. This week seemed like a big step backward. The issue with Max, our argument, and the rogues.

One thing was sure, the rogues had something to do with Serah. She was involved, for better or for worse.

I left the table not too long ago, when people started coming, she didn't felt comfortable with the ooh-look our pack members were giving us.

I was pride on my side. All I wanted was my mate and this time I won't let anything hinder us.

After a light jog, I had arrived at the meeting spot the other alphas were already there.

"You could have taken your time Mr. Lover!"

Collin was never late to comment when it was unnecessary.

I ignored him and leaned against the oak three behind. Only a few rays passed its foliage, it was a warming sight contrasting our cold backdrop.

Things got serious when Erika got up and became the center of attention.

"I found something."

Only Collin was cool with the information. I looked over Max and we were both astonished by the news. We had been looking everywhere and there was no trace anywhere.

"The guy had been toying with us since the beginning. We had no chance to find him he's using aconite with wolfbane."

She explained further but there was no sense if there was wolfbane our body would have sensed it. She saw that we didn't understand where she was going, her brows irked to paint her irritation.

"Mixed it's undetectable, but there would be a faint odor of spring."

She added but her monologue was not near any end. Then, she took out a small piece of paper, smelling exactly how she described previously. She brought the white sheet in the air to focus our attention.

"There was no clue nor tail, to begin with. It was for that f'ckers amusement, making us run like dogs right and left. Though it was his little game, and all the chase brought us to this note."

We were now, mouth wide open. Our pride took a hit and I was hundred percent sure that Erika suffered the most from the humiliation.

Letting go of this wave of anger she pursued the details.

Tonight 

The content was short and clear 'tonight'. Something might happen and we couldn't let our guard down.

We all looked around. This note was no coincidence. The man knew my mate and he had business with her.

Max was up ready to give few instructions.

"So tonight, we'll station guards on the border and the patrolling will be tightened. It's our final battle if everything goes right, tomorrow we're home."

She said out loud our thoughts: the borders needed to be alert for tonight. All alpha nodded and the tension went down a big deal.

Collin took the cue to add his personal thoughts.

"Home after all the works! No thanks let's make a party!!"

"Collin it was the best idea that came out of your mouth today!!"

Erika was engrossed with the idea of getting drunk and picking up few guys on the way. Their happy dance abruptly came to an end.

"Contrary to you, I have a pack to run. I'll be gone tomorrow and I'm sure Jay has wok too."

She wasn't the slightest interested to celebrate the end of the mission. However, Erika vexed by her words became playful in a horrible way.

"Really?! You might miss LuSe on a tight little dress."

I was smiling at her words until I realized that it refers to my mate.

"Seems like a fair deal, the first to hook with his crush!"

The conversation was going too fast for me to place my instructions clear.

"Deal!!"

They all chanted together. It was not going to happen.

"There is no party. Tomorrow at 7 in the morning I want you all gone!!"

They laughed as if I was joking. I was not, even if their sole purpose was to make me lose my shit, I'll enter their bet but I wasn't involving my mate.

"But wait, what about your date?"

My man knew the plans for tonight and the note might mess up my plans.

"I guess, I'll be on guard before my date and you guys will take of the rest for the night."

There was nothing I could do. My date was programmed and there was enough person on this land to take care of the rest.

"You mean, you will prepare for your date and the rest of us will turn the whole night for your asses."

His eyes shouted revolting making slow movements of disgust towards me but I knew he had my back. He helped me prepare the whole thing. He would probably be the most saddened if the Rendez-Vous didn't happen.

"The perks of behind the alpha my friend!"

We went back home, carefree, without predicting what tonight reserved.

Tonight.

...

It was 6 P.M. NO one on sight, everyone was guarding the border. A few warriors stayed behind to protect the pack but most of us were there.

I was in my position the trackers were ahead but no one near the pack. If anyone was planning to break through our borderline, they were as dead as grilled meat.

No one shall pass.

In half an hour Collin would replace me. The seconds felt like hours I wanted to be near my mate, as soon as possible.

What should I do afterward, should I take her home or should I let her to my parents. Thinking about this option my entire body groaned.

I didn't plan to lay her but I wanted her close, in my arms, naked.

'Shut up!! Damn Alpha, we are in the middle of guarding the border with your pack mates! They don't need to get distracted! It's for her safety.'

Oh, It's been a while roommate, I almost forgot you lived in my head.

Volker was nowhere in sight since the fight I had with Serah. It needed to be celebrated, our reuniting.

'Shut up'

Our brief reunion was voluntarily interrupted. He'll forgive me when we'll get to cuddle.

A few minutes later, nothing moved, nothing happened and it was boring.

Volker talk to me. Let's make up.

'I don't want to talk to you.'

Even bickering was making the time go faster so my victim had to endure my hardship together.

Please! I'll do anything you want.

'Anything?'

That damn wolf, I knew he liked me secretly.

Anything.

'Can I really cuddle with her?'

Hey! Were you eavesdropping on my thoughts?

I was offended. Where do I get my privacy? I felt naked right now.

'Shut up! We have the same mind!'

Fair enough.

Though, he was no longer giving me the cold shoulder. The discussion went on for a while until someone was forcing on the mindlink.

It was Kamil. Distraught and panicking. He always kept his cool. It wasn't right. And the following confirmed my suspicion.

"It's Serah, she's nowhere to be found."