Chapter 3

Chapter 3- Annabeth's point of view:

This place is amazing.

When Percy said "A safe house" I expected it to be a shack or an abandoned house or something. This was a hotel.

A hotel.

"Oh my Gods..." I said and Grover laughed. "Its great right?" he asked and I nodded, unable to speak. I was staring at the big front doors when I noticed there was a mechanical lock.

"How are we going to get in?" I asked Percy. He just smirked and knocked on the big doors of the hotel. We waited for a minute, then a voice sounded through the air, "Hey Perce! You guys back from the raid?"

"It wasn't a raid!" Grover protested.
I looked around and saw the source of the voice, it's an intercom. This is incredible, it actually works. I've been through the most of the country and haven't found a building that has working electricity.

As if reading my mind, Percy said, "We have electricity through the whole thing, and plumbing."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, "How? It's not possible-" I was cut off by the doors opening and a someone stepped outside.

The guy had dark, curly hair and big eyes. "Tell Juniper that, she's been freaking out... Well hellooo lady." he looked at me and held out a grease covered hand, "I'm Leo. But you can call me Leo."

I shook his hand and introduced myself, "I'm Annabeth." When we let go, my hand had grease on it so I wiped it off on my jeans. "Well let's go inside." Jason said.

I just stood there and marveled at the design of the building. Its obviously old, I can tell by the brick used and... Everyone else is inside. I quickly scurried in after everyone else.

**
"Annabeth!" someone yelled and tackled me to the floor. I let out a small scream as we landed and I looked up at my attacker. He was a blonde boy who I've never seen before in my life.

"Do I know you...?" I asked. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or freaked out that this guy knows who I am. He's actually kind of cute, but I prefer dark hair like Percy's.

"Conner, get off of her. We don't need you to scare her away." Jason said as he picked Conner up and dropped him next to me.

"Conner! You weren't supposed to tackle her!" Percy said and threw his hand up in the air in frustration. "Sorry, you said to get her attention. I think my job here is done." Conner said as he dusted himself off and walked away.

"Did you need me or something?" I asked Percy, who was glaring at the retreating figure of Conner.

""I was going to show you around." He told me, then added, "Only if you want to." As if it was an afterthought. I smiled at him and nodded my head,
"I'd like that." I told him. Percy beamed widely at me and Jason piped up, "I''ll come too!" He said.

I internally cringed, I missed Jason and everything, but I feel like I want to get to know Percy. If Thalia was here, she'd make a joke about how clingy Jason is...

Thalia. I still haven't told Jason that she was-is, I refuse to believe he's dead- alive and that we lived together. I feel like I should tell him what happened and how she saved me, but looking at him now, as he smiles and laughs at something Percy said, I can't ruin his happiness while it lasts.

"Annabeth!" Percy's voice broke me out of my thoughts, "Are you coming or what?" He teases me as he starts to walk in the other direction.

I put on my best smile and jog over to the boys. I ran past Jason and Percy to the big double doors on the other side of the room, obviously leading to the hallway.

"Are you guys coming or what?" I copied Percy's words as I opened the door and waited for the boys to catch up.

***
Percy ended up giving me a tour of everything; the training room, the dinner hall, the bed rooms (I was assigned room 265), and the "lounge" as they call it.

I think the training room was my favorite out of everything, though. It was huge with blue wrestling mats on one half of the room and the other half had punching bags and dummies to spar with.

In a corner of the room, there was a scoreboard with everyone's names on it and golden stickers next to it.

Clarisse: ***** ***
Percy: ***** ***** ****
Jason:***** ***** **
Grover:****
Piper:***** ****
Frank: ***** ***** ***
Hazel: ***** ***** *
"The stickers represent every fight you've won." Percy told me. I looked over at him, wondering if we are think the same thing. He grabbed a marker and added my name to the bottom of the board.

I smiled at the thought of me having just as many stars as Percy, maybe even more. He looked at me questioningly, but I just waved him off. He'll find out soon enough.

"So how do you have electricity? I've been to a lot of places and I've never seen anywhere with lights or anything." I asked.

Percy shrugged, as if he didn't know the answer himself, "Leo is a genius. If you give that kid a pizza box and some string he could make a super computer." He said with a chuckle.
I was going to say something, but Jason came in with grin on his face. he walked over to me and gave me a big hug, squeezing the life out of me.

"Why so happy?" I asked him, teasingly. He put me down and looked at me with his electric blue eyes.

"I'm glad you're here," he said, "Thalia would be so happy."

It suddenly got very quiet and my heart rate seemed to grow faster. Thalia. I never told him what happened to Thalia.

"Jason..." I said quietly, I need to tell him the guilt of what happened to her will eat me alive. It's all my fault she died, "I need to tell you something"