One Shot

Hi, this is my entry for the Last Virgin Standing one shot competition. For this part, just assume that Luke never died, Beckett wasn't gay, Alec never had a child and Ian wasn't Emma's girlfriend. It's all hard to take in but please bear with me. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

-------- ------ --------- -------- --------- ----------

Luke's POV

"Ready for College?" Mom questioned as she straightened out my shirt, tucking it into my trousers.

"Mom, I'm not a child anymore, I can do this myself!" I complained as I threw my hands up out of frustration.

"Luke," She sighed as she combed back my hair, "This is college now, you need to look smart!"

"You never made such a big deal out of it in High School and I'm still perfectly fine now." I pointed out.

"Exactly my point Luke, you treated High School like a joke, you're in college now, you need to straighten yourself out, soon you'll be leaving home, and what will you do then?" She waited for a moment before saying "Exactly."

I sighed in defeat as I tied my laces and grabbed my car keys. I turned to my mum and began "Mom I-"

"Oh my gosh!" She squealed, "Luke you look so handsome!" She squeezed my cheeks as she pulled me into a tight hug, making me drop my keys.

"Okay, okay I get it." I blushed in embarrassment and pushed her off while brushing my shirt with my hand. "I just wanted to tell you that I'll be making my way to and from college on my own." I had to be sure she wouldn't embarrass me any further by driving me to college.

"Okay sweetheart, come here." She said as she planted a wet kiss onto my left cheek.

"Mom!" I cried as I wiped my cheek with the back of my palm.

"Have a good day Lucas, I'm expecting a full report when you return."

"Ugh, yes Mom. Thanks, bye." I said quickly as I picked up my keys and slammed the front door shut before I could be interrogated anymore.

I sunk into my car seat before putting the keys into the ignition and driving off.

"Am I really going to be the 'good boy' Mom wants me to be?" I asked myself.

After 5 minutes of pondering and careless driving, I eventually recognised where I was driving past, my old High School.

As I did so, tons of memories flooded into my head, everything, the competition, the fun I had with Charlotte..

Soon after I pulled up outside the college and was faced with hundreds of cars, but no people.

I eyed my watch and realised the time.

"Shoot!" I whispered, "I'm late."

I grabbed my bag and quickly walked inside the building, while pressing the lock button on my car keys.

This College was massive, around three times the size of High School. I stared in awe before remembering what I was meant to be doing.

I delved into my bag, searching for my timetable. Math in Math classroom 14.

After 15 minutes of searching, I finally arrived in the classroom to find it was empty, except from a blonde in red heels and a black skirt typing on the computer.

"Hello." She smiled, "Can I help you?"

"Yes, my first lesson is here according to my timetable." I replied.

"That's my class," she began, "The children have gone to the hall for a tour around, just go down the corridor and to the left." she paused, "Unless..you want to wait here, they'll be here any moment anyway."