The Power of Love

~LokixReader~

A cool winters evening, perfect time to practise for your music exams. Christmas is just around the corner, two weeks to go, meaning the only present you are going to get from studying Music in college is Christmas exams. Taking the opportunity of the vacant music hall in your college, you made your way to the wonderful and utterly beautiful Yamaha Grand Piano. It's slick black colour and bold letter trademark, above where the keys of the piano lay, created a sense of elegance around the piano. You stationed your music script on the music rack and made yourself comfy and ready on the chair. You pulled yourself slightly closer to the piano and straightened your back. Placing your feet on the piano's pedals below and your fingers on the keys, you started with a warm up of 'Doh-Ray-Me-Fah-Soh-La-Te-Doh' with your voice and piano chords. Happy that you were ready to practise, your first thing to do was to be in the right key tune of the song you wished to perform for your exam practical. 'The Power of Love' seemed appropriate at the time and your music teacher agreed that you could perform the particular piece for your practical. Their were many reasons why you chose that song,but mostly to the fact that you were secretly in love with a man,not just any man now but a man from a different realm...

You played the intro chords of the song which followed a few moments later of your singing voice.

"Aye......hmmmm...
Dreams are like angels
They keep bad at bay
Love is the light
Scaring darkness away
I'm so in love with you
Make love your goal"

Singing out the 'goal' word, unbeknownst to you, a figure appeared in the distance of the hall. It looked directly towards you, still not noticing as you kept your focus and prepared for the chorus part of the song.

"The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
Flame on burn desire
Love with tongues of fire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal"

The strange figure slowly started walking towards you.

"I'll protect you from the hooded claw
Keep the vampires from your door
When the chips are down I'll be around
With my undying death defying love for you
Envy will hurt itself
Let yourself be beautiful
Sparkling light, flowers and pearls and pretty girls
Love is like an energy 
Rushing in, rushing inside of me, hmm...."

Half way from closing the distance between yourself and the figure, it stopped as you began singing the chorus again.

"The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
Flame on burn desire
Love with tongues on fire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal.."

You open your eyes after concentrating on singing the last line of the chorus and to your surprise and happiness, you finally notice the figure near you, the one you sing this song for, your love...Loki.

You smile as you continued and he began pacing slowly again towards you.

"This time we go sublime
Lovers entwined divine divine
Love is danger, Love is pleasure
Love is pure, the only treasure
I'm so in love with you
Make love your goal.."

You looked up to him and you were happy you did. The smile he wore on his face at that moment was a smile of adoration and love for you, a smile to say he was happy and content. His eyes glistened with love and a little lust. It is the final chorus now and you were prepared to give it your all, not for practise but for your lover right there with you now.

"The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
The power of love
A force from above
A sky scraping dove
Flame on burn desire
Love with tongues of fire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal......

Make love your goal."

You retracted your hands away from the keys and place them on your lap. Swallowing your sort of sore throat, you looked up to Loki who still held that unique loving smile. He let his hand go down to you and you took it. Gently and lovingly, Loki helped you rise from the chair and stand close to him. He took both your hands which were now on either side of both of you. He looked into your (E/C) eyes as you looked into bluey-green ones.

"(Y/N), that was the most beautiful song I have heard in my entire life."

"I played it for you my love."

With that, you closed the space between both of you and kissed him softly. He reacted back as his cool, exquisite lips tenderly kissed back yours. After a moment or so of kissing, you stopped.

"Well, it was for practise for my music exam coming up soon. Do I need to ask why you came here? I could have been in bed at home.."

"I wanted to see you darling, and I guessed as much that you wouldn't waste a winters evening like this in your chambers."

"If it was colder I wouldn't have but, it is a decent winters evening not to pass up."

"In that case, would you like to accompany me this fine evening for a stroll around the grounds after you finished your practising?"

You smiled and turned around, packing up your music scripts quickly into your music folder and turned back around to Loki. "I am finished now, that song was all I wanted to do."

"Are you sure?"

"I am sure love"

"Well then darling.."

Loki put his hand in his coat pocket, gesturing you to link him. You put your arm around Loki's and snuggled with your other arm around him lightly as you both slowly paced out the music hall and began your lovingly winter evening stroll with him.

~ To give the oneshot more effect, I linked the song in with it. 'The Power of Love' , Gabrielle Aplin version of the song. Enjoy! ~