Chapter Twenty Two

Heya guys here's the next chapter of the story. Really hope you like it. Leave me your feedback. 

Two more chapters to go guys.

Zayn's Pov:

I didn't want it to go that way. I never wanted to hurt Demi, But to me hurting Niall is a million times worse. I wish I could make her understand. I wish I could make everyone understand. Today we have another exam. Today Niall and I will see Demi again. She hasn't said a word to anyone. If she had I'd be receiving abuse left right and centre. Since we told Demi I've been inseparable from Niall. I've stayed close to him wrapped up in his arms. It's the place where I feel safe. The only place where I don't feel judged by anyone. The closer we got to school the more scared I became. I knew Demi would be there. I wanted to speak to her, But I just didn't know if she wanted to speak with me. Niall and I walked into school side by side, I kept my head down as we walked past various different students. My eyes quickly landed on Demi, She was talking with the boys and Cher. The second she saw me she shook her head and walked away. I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe I was hoping for some kind of miracle.

"Demi wait. Demi please" I pleaded as I chased after her once the exam was done. I told Niall I wanted to speak to her, Niall asked if I wanted him to go with me. I said no straight away. This was something I needed to do on my own. "Demi please" I exclaimed, Demi stopped in her tracks and turned around to face me.

"What'd you want?" She asked.

"I don't know" I mumbled. "There's so many things I wanted to say, But none of it seems right. Demi I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you, You have to believe that" 

"Then why did you do it? All those months you were lying not only to me but to Niall" Demi said.

"I was scared. I don't know what else I can say. Me and Niall it wasn't planned. I never thought it'd happen and when it did I was just, I was so scared and confused" Tears were falling from my eyes. "I didn't wanna hurt anybody. I tried to deny the way I felt for him but I was miserable. You saw that first hand Demi. The mood, The ignoring you treating you like shit" Demi looked at me. "It was because I missed him, I missed him so fucking much" I exclaimed.

"Then why not be straight with me about it? You only told me because Niall told you to. Would yu have told me if Niall hadn't forced you to? Would you have been honest?" She asked, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I don't know anything for sure Demi. I'm still so scared about what other people think, But all I know for sure is how I feel. I love Niall, I really do and I never wanted you to get hurt. If I could go back and change this I would, But I wouldn't change falling inlove with him" I exclaimed, Tears were sliding down Demi's face. 

"You really love him don't you?" She questioned. The words hurt her to speak, I could see that in her eyes. 

"Yeah. I can't explain why, I just do" I replied, Demi took a deep breath. 

"I can't pretend to be over the moon for you guys. Your hurt me and you lied to me, But I can't be mad at you for not loving me the way I love you. I see that look you give him. I see the way your face lights up when he walks in the room. I saw first hand how lost you were without him, How angry and hurt you were. I see the look of security on your face when he's beside you. You never gave me any of those looks" Demi took a deep breath as I approached her, I slowly took hold of her hand. 

"I never wanted to hurt you and I really do love you" I chocked out, Demi nodded her head.

"I know. But you love him more. One day I'll be able to forgive you both. The truth is you can't hate somebody for falling inlove. I can hate you both for cheating and lying to me, But I can't hate you for falling inlove with eachother" I pulled Demi into a tight hug which she slowly returned. 

"Thankyou for understanding" I whispered, Demi slowly nodded her head as we pulled away from the hug. 

"When are you gonna tell everybody?" She asked. 

"We haven't really talked about it" I replied, Demi sighed.

"I'm gonna give you one piece of advice. If you love Niall the way you say you do, The way I can see you do, Then you hold his hand and you make sure everyone knows it. If you can't walk the streets and hold his hand, Then you don't deserve to be with him and you don't deserve his love" Demi explained, I lowered my head. "Do the right thing Zayn. I'll see you around" She said before turning around and walking away. 

I couldn't get her words out my head. I know what she meant. She means I have to let everyone know about us. I have to make sure everyone knows Niall and I are together. That I'm gay. I inhaled deeply. That's the first time I've said that to myself. The first time I've admitted to myself that I'm gay. A smile overtook my face when Niall opened his frontdoor and he was stood infront of me. I quickly walked straight into his arms, Niall chuckled gently as he closed the door before wrapping his arms around me.

"How did it go?" He asked. 

"I think it'll be ok in time" I mumbled before laying my head on Niall's shoulder, Niall sighed in relief. "Niall?" 

"Yeah?" Niall replied, I looked up at him.

"Demi said something to me that I guess makes alot of sense. I love you, I love you so much and it's only really been you. I'm afraid but I know I can do anything as long as I have you with me. I want people to know" Niall's eyes widened. 

"Really?" He asked, I nodded my head. 

"Being without you hurts more then any physical beating and nothing they do is gonna change the way I feel" I said, Niall smiled as he took hold of my hand. 

"Whenever you wanna do this I'll be right beside you" Niall assured me, I nodded my head before kissing his lips softly.

"I know" I whispered against his lips, Niall's hands ran down my back before resting on my hips. 

"I wanna start with my family. Then yours. Then everybody else" I said, Niall nodded his head quickly with a smile on his face. "I love you" I stated.

"I love you too" Niall replied before pressing his lips against mine. 

"Is anyone home?" I questioned, Niall shook his head. "Good" I took hold of Niall's hand and pulled him towards the stairs. "I wanna lay in bed and cuddle" After the day I've had I needed a long cuddle and a long cuddle is exactly what I got.