chapter one: Do as your told

"KEEGAN!!!! Get up my boy there's work to be done" Keegan's father Aongus calls out. Keegan groans Horsley. "Ok...OK IM UP!" Keegan calls back quickly stumbling out of his bed of straw walking slowly to the wash Bowl on a table and splashing it on his face to wake him up. Shuffling towards a dresser he slowly pulls the drawer open pulling on some pants and a shirt.

When Keegan walks out pulling his hair back into a loose ponytail his father and brother Breandan already sitting at the table eating the food that his mother Aine cooked that morning. His mother had fixed a nice pile of hash potatoes with some venison stewed Keegan's plate was already at the table with his food getting cold. " I swear child it's amazing how you will get anything done when you become a man if you keep sleeping in like this don't expect me to warm up your food if you want it hot be up when I'm cooking" his mother said scolding him for sleeping in.

" oh lay off the boy dear he was young he will learn" his father said in his defense.

" yeah Mom it wasn't that long ago I was sleeping in" his brother added

" I'll lay off of him when he learns" his mother says quickly grabbing his father's plate and taking it to the wash tub.

His father was only defending them because he knew that Keegan was out late at night Keegan like to go to the trees and practice his swordsmanship though he had no idea if he was actually any good Keegan felt like he had a good grasp on the basics or at least that he knew something he had to do if he had any chance of his dream.

What was that dream well the same dream as many boys his age he supposed to be a beast Slayer, Warriors that kept our village in many other Villages safe they hunted down Beast that hide in the woods in the Hills that preyed on humans and made war with them for sport Keegan was to become one of these Warriors.

" I need you to do me a favor son Aiken is in need of some help at the forge his son went off to enlist to become a beast Slayer and needs help at the forge." He's Father says seriously

" What?! I have no idea how to work a forge dad I'm going to end up losing an eye" Keegan argues

" No you won't he knows better than to put in danger you will be fine just follow his directions and you'll come back in one piece it can't be that hard I've helped him before" his father argues back with a tone that ends the matter.

" okay when do I go" Keegan says solemnly

"Today as soon as you finish eating" his father says getting ready to go outside and check on the fields " your brother will be going with you he needs to pick up some things for the farm make sure you check the horses hooves before you leave with the cart"

" at least we don't have to walk there "
Breandan says smiling. " so I will be already home by the time you get done you'll probably have to walk back"

" that's just great that man's probably going to work me to the Bone" Keegan with a groan.

" look it's not going to be that bad remember I helped  in my spare time last year when I turned 13 it's not that bad come on who else is he going to ask him and dad are old friends since childhood they even came here together when they traveled"  Breandan says

" but why did they travel him and Dad aren't the only ones that came here but they never talk about their time before they moved here I mean you were just a baby right and I haven't even been born yet so what were they leaving" Keegan says inquisitively eyeing he's brother

" now don't start that again you know it always gets on Mom's nerves when you start asking questions like that what matters is we're safe here at least that's what they say" he says with hushed Whispers eyeing  Keegan.