0.3

My eyes wandered along the large winding staircase that led up to mine and Will's room, then they darted to the wall of windows that gave a clear view of Venice beach. I was in love, absolutely in love.

The house we were staying in was incredibly huge, the ceilings seemed to touch the sky and the decor had a modern theme. It was everything I dreamt my house would be and more.

"It's tragic that we only get to stay here one night." I said looking up at the fifteen foot ceiling before handing my suitcase to Will.

"Truly, you should write a book about it." Will said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes at him.

The both of us began exploring the house, I took note on the white and black furniture and the gorgeous art work that danced along the walls. We both made much needed bathroom breaks before meeting back in the kitchen to decide what to eat and if there's anything to do for the time being.

"Theres only one bed, I can sleep on the couch if you want." Will leaned on the marble island and I was stood across from him looking through a book of places to eat.

"No, oh my god, no. We can share a bed, it's not like we haven't before." I chuckled and he nodded in agreement.

We decided to stay in for dinner and heat up some left over pizza. While we were eating I learned that his parents friends were gone to Malibu for the weekend and they thought it would be nice for us to pop by their place to check up on it. Hence the huge house for no extra cost.

California made me feel at home and I had only been here for an hour, my mind was racing and thinking of all the adventures Will and I would have over the next two months. Everything was so perfect here, exactly how I wanted to be.

After eating our pizza and deciding to call it a night, I crawled into bed with Will and cracked open a book to ease my mind before I would soon drift off. Will was reading one of his university textbooks and would rattle off random facts while he skimming the pages.

"Did you know the main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat out of our eyes?" Will looked up at me excitedly.

"Super cool," I continued to read, not even glancing up at him.

"Hey, pay attention to me." Will whined and added too many e's when he said me.

"You're like five, go to bed." I closed my book and turned to face the blue eyed boy.

Will tossed turned for a bit, trying to position his body in the most comfortable way. This ended one of his legs thrown carelessly over mine and his head rested on my pillow.

Will always had this need for being physically close to people, he always needed to reach out a hand and touch something before he committed too it. At first I thought it was so weird, his constant hair pulling and there was always a hand rested on my thigh. I got used to it, just like all of his other tendencies and he did the same with mine.

"Goodnight kiddo." Will pouted and then placed a gentle kiss on the top of my head before turning away from me, his feet still entangled in mine, and drifting off. I shut the lamp off that was placed on the bedside table and let myself soak in the events from today.

"Bryn?" Will broke me from my thoughts as he turned over on the bed. I could see his chest rise and fall under the thin sheets and every movement of his muscles.

"Yes?" I closed my eyes to stop from staring at my best friend even though he didn't seem to notice.

"I love you,"

"I love you too, Will. Goodnight."

This was our routine, every night. Whenever things got bad at home I'd sneak over to Will's and we'd snuggle up in his bed and talk, but it always ended with him saying he loved me. Will always made sure I was listening and he never let me get away with not saying it back, I learned the hard way when we first became friends. He pinned me down on the bed and told me he'd put hair removal cream in my shampoo if I left him hanging.

Although, most nights I felt I was always the one the meant it more, I always loved more.

☼ ☼ ☼

I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth and an empty bed. I sighed as I aimlessly patted the unoccupied mattresses and sniffed the air for traces of caffeine.

"One black coffee for my lovely roommate." Will carefully tiptoed into our room trying desperately not to spill the coffee. He wore a plain white T-shirt and light blue boxers from last night, his hair was sticking up and I had to bite my tongue in order to prevent myself from laughing.

Will carefully handed me my coffee and flopped down on the bed, I cursed at him when the white hot liquid hit my hand.

"I want to get an early start today so we can get to Huntington Beach as soon as possible, okay?" Will said as he flipped through brochures and pictures of the small beach town.

I was beyond excited to get on the road so I quickly hopped out of bed and began to get ready for a morning spent driving. I downed two coffees in the process and shoved a bagel between my teeth as Will and I loaded our rental car and began driving.

The first part of the drive was fairly quiet and the both of us seemed to be taking in the gorgeous scenery, ocean on one side and a desert on the other. It was incredibly remarkable, my mouth was stuck in an O shape for most of the drive.

The two coffees made their way to my bladder rather fast and about forty-five minutes into our drive I needed to pee.

"STOP HERE!" I yelled as we almost past a small café on the mildly busy highway.

"10 minutes, tops!" Will called out the window as I powered into the café and made a beeline for the bathroom. But first I made a head-on collision with a damn brick wall of a person.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." they grabbed my shoulders to steady me and I brushed the hair out of my eyes before looking up at them.

"It's cool, no worries man." I gave the guy a smile before heading to the bathroom and taking the longest pee of my life, but I couldn't seem to get his face out of my mind.

He was cute, totally super cute. Kind of like the surfer, messy cute. His hair was pushed up and away from his face which revealed bright, periwinkle blue eyes. And he was tall and broad, like Will, but softer and more gentle.

I walked back into the café and ordered two more coffees, as I was putting cream and sugar into Will's I watched as the cute guy messed about with his friends and ordered his coffee black, just like me.

I strode by him as I was walking to the door and he had this odd smirk on his face, the kind people have when they know something you don't. It freaked me out so I started walking faster to the car and he was still hot on my trail. I sat down in my passengers seat and turned to my right only to see the cute guy sitting in the drivers seat of the vehicle next to us. I gave him a shy smile and he raised his coffee cup to me, biding me farewell or as if to say "see you soon"

I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that made me think, maybe I would see him soon. Oddly enough, I kind of wanted to.

☼ ☼ ☼

A/N: so this is a bit different then how I wrote it in the prologue but whateves I'm happy with it oh and this is where she meets luke so yay this is where the story really starts, enjoy x

I'll be adding the cast as you meet the people so now I just have Will, Bryn and Luke yay

Keep reading, voting and commenting!