The Black Mass Tour 2014

I went to the Black Mass Tour 2014 on December 13th, 2014 at Backstage Live in San Antonio, Texas with my dad.

This was my first show where I did not have VIP so I didn't have to be there as early as I usually do. I got to San Antonio at 4:30 because the doors opened at six. I hung out with my grandparents until five because they live so close to the venue.

Finally, we went down, got our tickets scanned, got my hands marked and got into the already long line. We stood in line for about ten minutes and then went in. By the time we got in, the place was already packed so my dad and I grabbed a spot behind the tech people.

I'm average size for a fifteen year old female, so of course everyone in the crowd was taller than me and I spent the whole thirty minutes before drama club trying to find a spot. I gave up and Drama Club came on. Now, I don't like techno, so I dxidn't like Drama Club. My dad and I kept talking about how freaky they were because of their masks and hair and everything.

Finally Drama Club ended their set and I waited for Set It Off to come on. Once SIO came on, I moved myself around to find a good spot for the other two bands. Now, I don't like SIO either so I just sat there, waiting for their set to end. Finally, it did and I couldn't wait for Falling In Reverse, this would be my fifth time seeing them, third time this year.

FIR came on and I was singing and screaming and yelling. I took some photos and videos and even got stuck inside one of my stories for a while, mentally when I saw Ronnie and Jacky.

Their set ended and I decided to go a little further back to where some steps were to get higher. I was worried that I wasn't going to be allowed up there so I slowly made my way up each step while I waited for Black Veil Brides to come on.

I got to the top step and sat down while I waited for BVB to come on. The crowd screamed and I quickly stood up, just to find out it was nothing and I sat back down.

Finally BVB came on but the venue was so small and had bad acoustics so I couldn't even hear Andy sing Heart Of Fire, but some of that may be due to them playing loud as well. Andy kept saying it felt like an old school show because it was a small venue and it was really hot and everyone "smelled bad". I was kinda disapointed that they played a bunch of old songs, like Sweet Blasphemy, Knives and Pens and Perfect Weapon, and only three from their new album and four from W&D. But, they played my favorite song, Shadows Die, so that was awesome.

It was difficult to get photos and videos because the lights were blinding and messing with the camera, and I was all the way in the back.

I had never seen BVB in a concert venue (only Warped Tour) so I was super excited for them and I wasn't disapointed in their performance.

Later, after I got home, I saw that Ashley had tweeted and called tonight the "San Antonio Sauna Show".