Artist stories

Up to this day (11/14/18) these are all the interactions I have had with For King & Country and We are Messengers, my favorite bands. This is all true and I'm not bragging. I'm just excited. I go to one or two concerts a year to give perspective how special these are.  

In July of 2016 I went to one day of a four day Christian Music festival called Kingdom Bound. I didn't know any of the bands my youth group was going to see. There wa sthe first time I ever heard of For King and Country. I had heard Proof of your Love, It's not Over Yet, and Fix My Eye before but knew nothing about the band. I loved there Priceless talk. Luke mentioned his illness so I was curious what he had. I started to research them. In doing so I learned a lot of their songs. They were the first band I ever fangirled over. 

In March of 2017 I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a post from FK&C saying "Help our brother in We Are Messengers who just had their tour bus destroyed in a accident." Then it had a link to a go fund me page. I was curious to what happened so I clicked on We Are Messengers Facebook. I watched the Facebook live video where Darren and Hedi cried and thanked their fans for the support and prayers. I was amazed by the honesty and vulnerability of Darren especially. I started to research them and got excited to see them at KIngdom Bound the next July. 

That concert was the first concert I went to alone. During that concert, Darren called out to the audience, "You las in the blue shirt." He was looking in my direction and I was wearing a blue shirt so I kind of pointed at myself. On point with time he said, "Yes I see you there." I start to tear up and smile. Then he said, "And I like your smile. You have a beautiful smile." That meant the world to me and I didn't think anything could top that. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!

In May 2018 I saw a post on We Are Messengers Facebook about a live stream that night and to ask anything. I commented "I can't wait to see you at KIngdom Bound. So in the spirit of festival season roller coasters or not?"  I alway want to know this about people. From my research on For King and Country I knew that Joel loved roller coaster but Luke wouldn't be caught dead on them. I couldn't watch the live but the next morning I watched the video. When Darren said "roller coasters or not," I made a fangirl screech. When he said my name, I ran around the house screaming and gave my sister so tight a hug a cracked her back twice. FYI: We are Messenger do do roller coasters. 

The next July was Kingdom Bound again. My youth group was going to see We Are Messengers and For King and Country. We are Messenger were in the worship tent for a morning show as well as the main stage in the evening. I was 40 minutes late to a 50 minute show due to my youth group getting there late. From where I was standing I was about about even with the stage and about 10 feet away from Darren. I was so happy to be that close. I could also see the outside back of the worship tent so after the show I went back there on a wim not think I would actually see Darren. WELL!!! When Darren came out I gasped!!!! He greeted me with a hug and asked if I was okay because I was so starstack I couldn't speak!! I couldn't work my phone I was shaking so bad. He took the phone and said his friend would get the picture and asked if I was okay again. I finally said, three octaves to high, "You're my singer." I got his autograph and hug goodbye. As soon as I was about seven feet away I screeched and started running toward where my friends would be. I still so in the clouds my friends had to shout my name to get my attention and I nearly knowed one of my friends over with a side hug/tackle.

Later that day, my friends and I were in line for a roller coaster when none other than Joel Smallbone came up the exit ramp. We were three cart loads back so we didn't get to ride with him but the whole time I was either staring a him or at his wife, Moriah Peter, and his nephew from Luke, Jude. He rode the whole ride with his phone out recording it selfie style. It took every. single. ounce. of restanint. to not. yell across the ramp to ask him for his autograph!!!

Before I tell the final story I need to explain the set of the main concert area of Kingdom Bound. There is the main stage and then there is a smaller stage right in the middle of the venue right wear the unreserved seating begins. On this Kingdom Bound I sat about ten feet away from that smaller stage. Oh and one more small thing. . . . For King and Country ALWAY does one song going to that stage and one song on that stage!!!! I ran up to the stage as soon as the band guys started moving. On his way onto the stage, Luke gave me a high five!!!!!!! During the song on the song on the stage, I was about even with the security girl. The song was Busted Heart. During the bridge Joel look at me and held out his hand!!! He gently held my hand for the bridge!!!!!

When I finally got to bed that night/ next morning, sat up and thought "wow this day actually happened." 

So that is all the interactions I have had with different artists thus far. I can't wait to make more awesome memories. Sorry it was so long but this is over three years time.