Henry

"Well, shit."

Henry sat on the rowboat as it rocked back and forth. Why did he think this was a good idea? A rowboat. Really. The freak had a StingRay, one of the fastest motorboats on earth, and Henry had a rowboat. Perfect.

Back and forth, back and forth.

He had grabbed a compass, a map, and a good sized oar before jumping in. But did he think of water? No, why would he? After all, the ocean was FULL of water! And food? Well, surely he could catch some fish. Wouldn't be that hard...

"Idiot. I'm a damn idiot."

To make matters worse, the compass he had grabbed was just a little toy, the map was a road map, and the oar broke in half. And he had one arm. The day had worked out perfectly. Just perfect.

Back and forth, back and forth.

He sat there, gazing over the water. He had sat there for a week, gazing over the water. How he survived that long, he didn't even know, but he did know that if he wasn't saved soon, he would surely die. Or at least be in a lot of pain. Whichever came first.

The boat moved slightly side to side to side. A drop of rain fell from above and landed on Henry's face. He brushed it away. Great. Rain.

"You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

"Yeah, yeah. I guess I am. And now it's going to rain...shit."

"Hey, dipwad. What's rain?"

"...Water?"

"Yeah! And water is something you need, right?"

"Hey! Yeah! I need water!" Henry jumped up, stopped, then sat back down. "Now if I could only find some water..."

"Retard."

"I guess..."

Back and forth, back and forth.

Henry looked up. The rain had picked up a bit, and it was starting to drizzle.

"I...I wonder if I could drink it..."

"Hm. You think? No, no, I don't think you can, since it's WATER! It's frikin' water, idiot!"

Carefully, he held out his hand. Squeezing his fingers together, he tried to cup his hand to the best of his ability. After a few minutes, he took a sip of water.

"Tastes like water..."

"I hate you."

"Yeah, I guess so. I always did hate myself..."

It was getting dark, and it started to downpour. Dark, black clouds covered the sky, and booming thunder was heard in the distance.

Henry curled up on the floor of the boat. "I hate storms."

"Oh, the poor baby! Gonna cry for your mama?"

Rain dripped from his eyes. "Mom...I miss my mom..."

"Good god! You're pathetic, you know that? I mean, you are a complete waste of life! No one wants you, and no one ever will! You are unloved! PATHETIC!"

More rain started pouring from his eyes. "...Mama..."

"QUIT TALKING ABOUT THAT WHORE!"

A fist slammed through the bottom of the boat. Henry stood up, screamed madly, then started to kick the sides of the boat. Water began to pour in. The boat swayed into the water.

Back and forth, back and forth.

...

Morning. Light. Something was on his face.

Henry opened his eyes. Small, puffy clouds danced across a golden sky. Water was lapping on his legs, and he was laying on something very hard. Slowly, he got up.

"W...What is this place?"

He was standing on a small, tropical island, far away from any landmass. Soft, white sand covered his feet, and a light breeze blew through the trees. Henry could see various fruits hanging from trees, and a small stream flowed through an opening in the forest. A sweet scent wafted through the air, leading to a bush of white flowers.

"This...This has to be heaven!"

Henry stood there for five minutes, his jaw slack slightly, mouth ajar. Then he whooped with glee, sprinting into the forest. Never again would he have a care in the world! Never again would he have to take orders! Never again would he feel stupid! Never!

Never had he been so wrong.