CHAPTER 17

Arjun's POV:

Why is Dharani getting so hyper? What does she mean by 'I cannot handle you'?Why is it okay if Deepak pranks me but not okay if I prank Deepak. He made a prank attack on me and I made a prank attack on him. Fair enough!

I need to go and enquire what sort of logic she used to say that I was wrong.

"The intensity with which you were holding the sword made it look real, Arjun," she said.

"I am a good actor but that doesn't make me wrong," I opposed.

"I never said you were wrong?" She replied calmly.

"Then why do you still look at me as if I've snatched something from you."

"Priya left her job," she said with tears in her eyes, "She is my friend, my only friend and all thanks to you. She left her job. I am sure she wouldn't even meet me again."

OMG, what have I done? I should clear this up. I immediately left for Deepak's tent. Priya and Deepak were outside the tent. They were about to leave for Mitra and were terrified upon seeing me.

"That was a prank Deepak," I said in the calmest tone possible, "I knew you were pranking me. I am capable of distinguishing a real sword from a fake one. So I made a reverse prank on you. I know. I know it wasn't expected from me but sometimes things just happen. Come back to work. Cowards run away and you are not a coward. I would never cry for you but Dharani was crying for Priya. Just get back to duties both of you."

Deepak slightly shook his head. I knew my words would not make any impact especially given how unorganized they were. There was no flow, no emotion. You cannot blame me for that. I am not good at all this convincing and all.

Wait, I was wrong. Priya seems to be a really emotional person. She immediately dropped the suitcase and ran away, maybe towards Dharani leaving her poor husband alone. Deepak called to her but she paid no attention. Deepak stared at me in confusion.

"All wives from Mitra are like that, Deepak," I said, "My wife abandoned me as well. I know how it feels."

"So you think I should join back, sir," Deepak asked me.

"Well looking at how fast Priya left for Dharani. I don't think you have a choice unless you could find another wife in which case I would kill you for cheating on Priya."

Deepak remained motionless, not knowing what to do. I sensed his fear and decided to pacify him.

"Deepak, you need to chill," I said, "Just calm down and get back to work. I won't kill you or harm you unless you do something really stupid. There is no reason why you should fear me."

Deepak nodded and I took him with me to the training grounds. Dharani was there along with Priya. She looked really happy now and somehow her happiness made me smile. I like to see her happy. I was staring at her when Dharani suddenly made an eye contact with me. I involuntarily smiled and she smiled back and walked towards me.

"Thank you," she said," and I am sorry if I spoke anything that might have hurt you." Her voice is so sweet and her eyes, god I could look into her eyes for all day. I quickly bought myself back.

"I just did what I thought was the best," I said without any expression, "Shall we start the training." She nodded and we began the training. The soldiers did well today, better than my expectations. The training ended at 9:00 pm and everyone left for their rooms except for me, Dharani, Deepak, and Priya.

"We need to inform Acharya," Dharani said.

"About?"

"Those thieves whom we caught last night."

"Oh yeah," I exclaimed and all the four of us went to meet Acharya.

"Great," Acharya exclaimed, "Our kingdom isn't formed yet and we have two great prisoners already. Anyway, what does it have to do with me? I told you already that you two should make any decision related to this kingdom together with mutual understanding."

"And Acharya what if no decision comes," Deepak asked casually and we all turned our heads towards him. Priya signaled him to shut up. This guy seriously has no control over his words. He just asked a question that even I wouldn't dare to ask and the worst part is he never knew it could land him in trouble. Even people of Anjan knows that when Acharya says something it should happen and that there should be no possibility of it not happening. Acharya changed his expressions and the room was filled with silence. That's when Deepak realized his mistake.

"When I said a decision should come that means a decision should come, Deepak," Acharya said, "There is not what if."

Deepak nodded. I felt sorry for him. So I tried to divert Acharya's attention.

"Can we seek any suggestions, Acharya?" I asked.

"Of course," Acharya replied, "but not from me."

"Alright, thank you," I said and we left.

"So where are we sending them?" I asked Dharani.

"Mitra," she replied instinctively.

"I don't agree. Mitra soldiers are too kind they might even set them free."

"Anjan's general is too harsh he might kill them," she argued.

"Who is Anjan's general by the way? I've heard it as well. He is a really harsh person," Deepak interrupted turning towards me.

"The one standing in front of you," I replied.

"Oh," Deepak exclaimed and stepped back. "Would you mind if we go back to our tents?" he asked.

"You better go back," I said in a low but commanding voice.

(Hey guys! Early update hehe. Guess why? I don't know if it's some crazy algorithm of Wattpad or pure luck but my story went from rank 82 to 42. So I updated early to thank you all. Thank you so much. Please keep supporting through your votes and comments. So the next chapter will be published on 17 November 2018. So stay tuned. Love you all!)