Perfect (On Hold)

“Perfect” Elaina said aloud from the dictionary to herself “entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings. She sighed. Elaina didn’t need a mirror to know she wasn’t perfect, but she grabbed on anyway. Her reflection made her sick to her stomach.

“Maybe a nose job” she thought “and my eyebrows seriously need to be waxed”. Sickened by her own face she tossed the mirror across the room and threw herself on her bed. Elaina shared a bedroom with her younger sister, Sharon, who was quite a handful. The two girls had different taste as you could tell by the posters on each side of the room. On Elaina’s side were band posters and characters from Adventure time. OnSharon’s side were the latest Disney Channel stars and Pop Stars. Elaina’s eyes wondered around the room and when she sawSharon’s posters of Katy Perry and Taylor Swift she couldn’t take it. Her blood began to boil, she was so angry she tore the pictures right off the wall.

“WHY CAN’T I BE PERFECT?” She thought to herself. Still angry she began to tear each poster she tore off the walls to itty-bitty shreds.Sharonstood in the doorway, tears pouring down her face.

“MOM!” she yelled “Elaina ripped up my posters!”

“ELAINA!” her mom yelled storming up the steps into the girls bedrooms “What is going on with you?”

“I didn’t mean to I swear!”

“You mean to tell me you ripped all these posters to little pieces by accident?” her mother said crossing her arms. Elaina tried to explain but she knew there was no point in trying.

“Give me your cell phone, your grounded for a week” her mom said holding her hand out.

“But mom!” Elaina shouted.

“But nothing!” her mother snapped back “This is the third time this week you destroyed something of your sisters’”. Elaina handed her cell phone to her mother unwillingly.

“I’m sorrySharon” she told her sister, who was crying over her ripped posters. “I’ll buy you more I swear!”

“How?”Sharonsaid sniffling “you don’t even have a job!” Elaina hanged her head in shame.

“I can’t even get a job because I’m so worthless” she thought to herself. Elaina hated her looks, and who she was as a person. She ran to the bathroom and locked herself in. Unable to control her emotions, she curled up on the bathroom rug and started to cry.