Chapter Four

Madam Pomfrey checks Draco's temperature again, 38.9'C. It was slowly rising from the 37'C that muggles associated with their body temperature (however a wizards core means their temperature is normally 41'C). Maybe this change in temperature would bring him out of the coma soon. She wiped his brow with the cold cloth again, trying to persuade his body that it's cold and needs warming up. 

The door to the hospital ward creaks open, because Filch still hadn't fixed it, followed by the sound of billowing cloaks. Snape must have arrived. Pomfrey steps out of the private room, attached via her office and into the main ward, "Severus, " Pomfrey nods in greeting, "he's through here," with that she turns and enters her office. 

"I've given him a private room, due to his heirship status and the fragility of his condition. No-one can access it without going through my warded office door, not even Dumbledore. Once they have entered my office there is another challenge to pass, and that's to enter the private chamber. Hogwarts prepares the private rooms herself, they are warded against harmful intent, have an alarm ward that alerts me to anyone entering and who they are, there are other wards too and you can check the wards yourself and add more yourself."  

"Can I see my Godson now or are you going to keep telling me information I already know?"

Pomfrey presses a book on Pureblood diseases, Snape watches carefully as the bookcase slides backwards opening into the private chamber. Draco is lying on a standard hospital bed, with a potion drip in his arm. Pale white skin, glistening with sweat. The white cloth on his forehead almost blends in. His lean frame makes him look fragile and delicate. 

"His father plans to visit as soon as he is able to escape his responsibilities."

"Is that a good idea?"

"He has permission as a school governor to enter Hogwarts whenever he wishes so we couldn't stop him. We need to manipulate his visit, feed him the information we want him to know and quench his appetite. Think like a Slytherin, Poppy. If we don't give him the knowledge he wants, someone else might and if they do we can't control what they share. Whilst it is not a good idea, it is the better idea."

"Will he try to take Draco away?"

"No, he'll trust me. Hogwarts is safer for Draco right now."

"If I don't tolerate his behaviour then I will stop him from seeing Draco. My patient is my priority. Influence or not, he can stuff his pureblood supremacy up Merlin's arse." 

"Poppy, I'll inform Lucius your wishes for him to rein in the behaviour he was raised to have. No need to work yourself up as Lucius cares for Draco so much that he would die for him, if it takes holding his tongue to see his son is well and safe. If you wish, I'll remain to monitor him during the visit." 

"That would be much appreciated, Severus."

Before Snape can reply, Draco begins convulsing for the third time today. His limbs jerking about on the bed. Pomfrey changes the cloth on his forehead, "This is the problem and it's repeating. Draco doesn't seem closer to waking up but these seizures are damaging his body further and aren't helpful with his unique condition. It didn't start until he took the potion dose to prevent the growth inside him. I don't know if he is allergic to one of the ingredients or if it has a negative reaction to the continuous potion regime for morbus sanguinis pura."

"You sure it's not related to anything else? I will have to check with Lucius, but as far as I know, I have made potions for Draco with all the ingredients so I don't anticipate his bodies reaction being caused by an allergy. But it will be a problem if the two potions react as unfortunately, his current potion regime cannot change. I could try to adapt the potion, but we may not have enough time."

"Whilst we wait to hear from Lucius, he won't be having any more and we'll wait for his body to dispell the potion and see if the seizures stop then, otherwise as you've said we may have an underlining issue. Unfortunately, it's just a waiting game, and as a potion required to take daily, it may take up to three days to fully leave his system."

During their conversation, Draco's seizure had weakened until he was just shuddering on the bed. Despite the advance medical healing with the use of magic even wizards couldn't avoid seizures or stop them. The only advantage over muggles is the ability to monitor the patient with spells during the process without the risk of a drip or a device being pulled out. 

Snape brushes some of Draco's hair away from his eyes as his body stills, "I hope he gets better soon, he won't like missing out on his learning." Snape's eyes look like they are almost glistening with tears as he raises up, "I best be off, classes to plan."

Without waiting for a response Snape swirls his cloak behind him and strides out of the hospital ward.