I'm with the band chapter nine

Chapter 9

The summer concert tour plows on, show after show until I lose count, with all of the drama tagging right along, never far behind.

I guess you could say Zack and I had a couple of other moments, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it all. Charlie has been slowly warming up to me, although still holding back. Heck, I should be the one warming up to her! Jenna's been scheming something up I'm sure, probably to try to get Summer kicked out, since Summer seems to be the rising star in the backups. But Jenna is always trying to get someone kicked out. Tyler has been on my tail, pestering me, and Maddi and I just roll with the punches, doing our routines and such.

We're about halfway through all of the shows, which is great because I'm getting burned out fast.

Here I am now though, in a final dress rehearsal, spinning around as the band performs their hit single, Born to Live.

Footwork, leap series, turn series, siscone, down, up, backwards, forwards, spin. Front Aeriel walkover to Zack. Footwork, spin, solo, back, spin, dip, lift spin, out. I've worn out the moves though, the music stale in my heart. I'm just not feeling it tonight. The sparks that usually electrify our dance seem to be lacking for Zack and I. Dance is supposed to be fun, which it is most of the time, but today, is just not one of those times. Today, I'm just going through the motions.

For the finale, Summer does her back flip leap off of the big platform on stage, landing flawlessly into her end pose.

Caroline comes to talk to me afterwards, frowning.

" I know, it sucked," I moan. But right now, I kind of only want to get this all over with.

" There's nothing I can do to make you focus Sophia, but you need to get your head in the game. I don't want to cut you from today's show, but if you can't perform..." What? She can't just cut me from today's show!

" You can't just cut me!" I yell, suddenly scared.

" Yes, I can actually, so get your act together or get cut," Caroline snaps, annoyed.

" Yes ma'me," I say forcefully. I guess I'll have to give my all tonight because if I under perform, who knows what that could do to my dancing career.

" Good," Caroline says and walks off.

" What was that all about?" Zack asks me, coming up.

" Nothing," I lie.

" You're lying," Zack says. " Come on, I was the one dancing with you, I think I know what's wrong."

" You don't know what's wrong with me!" I spit back. I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm feeling kind of stressed at the moment.

" Fine, don't tell me then. I thought we had something going for us, but if you can't even tell me what's up then maybe we don't."

" I'm just not into it today, and Caroline said that if I under perform, she's cutting me from today's show."

" Then don't screw it up," Zack says jokingly.

" Not funny!" I say back, giggling a bit. My eyes widen.

" Wait, did you just say we had something going?" I ask, shocked.

" Umm, well yeah, I guess so. I mean, I'm not gonna lie when I say that I like you Sophie." I'm stunned. Zack liked me too. And he called me Sophie. But the word rolled off of his tongue softly. Sophie. I kind of like it when he says my nickname.

" Say my name again," I whisper.

" Sophie," he says back, smiling. I take his arm and drag him over to the empty room next door.

" I really like you too, Zack," I say, heart pounding in my chest.

He takes a step closer, but so do I, when normally I would step back. We're too close now to be professional, but I don't care. So much for only being dance partners.

" There's something about you, I don't know what, but it's super attractive," Zack says, not looking embarrassed at all.

" You're a horrible flirt," I giggle. He raises an eyebrow.

" Hey, are you sure your name's not google, 'cuz you've got everything I'm looking for." I laugh out loud this time, because it's just that bad.

It's in that moment, when my laugh escapes my mouth, Zack closes in and suddenly, his lips are on mine, and to my own amazement, I don't push him back.

It's a strange, warm feeling. A little bit gross as his lips move against mine, but a good gross, I decide. So I kiss him back. It never occurs that this is my first kiss, either. He wraps his arms around my waist, drawing me closer, so I wrap my arms around his neck, like they do in the movies. I close my eyes, and that's all. I'm kissing Zack Randall, the lead guitarist in Formerly Lucky. How many other girls have dreamed of this moment, but for me, it wasn't even supposed to happen.

We brake away for a moment, to catch our breath. Zack smiles down at me, and I smile back shyly. I lean back in for more, but before our lips can touch, he whispers in my ear,

" By the way Hennerson, we're going to tear up that stage tonight." And our lips meet again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahaha! Finally the big kiss you guys have been waiting for! I know you have :) But will it last? Is Zack for reals? Oh yeah, so so sorry I havn't uploaded in ages! I'm going back to school tomorrow so I won't be posting as often, sorry. Guess you guys will have to fan, comment, vote and keep on reading! Don't forget to spread the word! Ok thanks, bye.