Prologue

Prologue:

Death. An unpredictable but inevitable event that we all go through. It is an unexplained experience; only the side effects are known.  Death leaves a trail of broken people and hearts in its wake along with conflicting emotions. Some feel anger towards the world, others feel regret for not making the most of the time they had and there are also the ones who simply feel heartbroken, unable to cope. However, we all have different ways of grieving and dealing with our loss.

Death affects everyone at some point throughout their lives, some are prepared for it and others don’t even see it coming. I was one of the unsuspecting victims, it struck suddenly in my life and was the reason why everything changed.

I admit that I question death and its reasons, but we are all guilty of this, of asking the unanswered questions surrounding death. Do we feel pain? Or is it peaceful? Do we see our life flashing before our eyes?

These rhetorical questions only cement fear into our minds. The fear of being forgotten or leaving our loved ones behind, the fear of the unknown. For me, it was the fear of being able to be happy without the people who meant so much to me, the fear of being able to move on without them by my side.

_______________

A/N:

This is my first book on Wattpad so sorry that the prologue is short but the first official chapter will be uploaded soon.

Please leave an honest comment saying what you  think of it so I know whether it is complete crap or not!

If you see any errors please let me know, thank you.

Feel free to follow me as well as I always follow back!

- Niamh :)