Firecracker

Saturday morning was quiet in the twins' house, it was approximately 3 A.M. when Emilio was abruptly woken up by his twin brother who whispered him till consciousness, he could not help but groan and curse his brother internally 

"Wake up already!" Ivan said irritated as Emilio did his best to ignore him but in the end Emilio knew his brother better than that, he knew he was not the type to simply give up so reluctantly, he stared at his brother whose features were accentuated by the yellow glow of the lamp beside his bed. Having no other option he stood up and rubbed his eyes

"Why?" Out of instinct, he grabbed his phone and looked at the digital clock that barely marked 3:25 A.M "It's early in the morning Ivan. What the fuck" he didn't mean to be rude really, but to him it was definitely not delightful being woken up at such late hours, Ivan walked around the room and his older brother frowned not understanding his actions. Not long after a pile of clothes was thrown directly in his face.

"Get dressed we have to go somewhere"

"At three in the morning?" 

"Yes and no gloves"

Confused, he tried to argue with his brother, trying to get at least a logical explanation of this nonsense but he just said the least he knew the better it would be, Emilio felt anxious as they took the car, even when it was mid summer that night felt a little chilly, his heart was steady but he felt odd no wearing the gloves. That in a weird way became just another layer of his skin and without the frizzy sensation of the leather against his skin.

The car ride was a torture and the silence was just making his nerves worse than they already were, along the way he thought of trying to get some information out of his brother but that idea was soon discarded as he knew it would not get him anywhere so he had no other option but to keep quiet and curse himself for not standing his ground, allowing his brother to drag him to this type of situations.

Finally the car stopped, when Emilio looked around confusion still persisted, a sense of alarm was ignited within him "Yo... why are we in the woods?" His voice cracked out of fear and not really knowing anything about the situation at hand certainly did not help. Pulling the break, Ivan got out of the car and started walking away, scared, the older twin did the same and ran after his brother who so calmly walked as if he was just walking on the streets of Beverly Hills instead of a dark and lonely forest in God knows where.

"This is the only place where we can start out safely" he mumbled quietly, as if he was afraid the wind would hear, tired of the situation Emilio pulled the sleeve of Ivan's sweatshirt making him stop.

"Start what? What are you talking about?" He questioned his brother irritated, the boy sighed 

"I'm gonna help you control your powers, okay?"

"Ivan are you high or something? You don't know anything about pyrokinesis! Hell, I don't even know that much and I'm the one that has it!" He urged at the edge of hysteria not understanding Ivan's perspective in all this. The boy took a step forward, trying hard to keep his head cool, in some ways he understood Emilio's position, tired of having hope and being let down but if he could only listen to him he knew it would be different.

"That is exactly the problem Emilio! You don't know anything about it because you learned to fear it instead of learning how to control it. I'm gonna help you do that."

"I don't learn how to control it because it could get us killed! You, mom and dad everyone could die if I try to learn more about pyrokinesis. They could easily tell! For everyone Imperials are just a myth. I'm literally the only Imperial alive!"

"You don't know that! Maybe there's more Imperiums out there and we could find them!" Emilio scoffed and took a step back, he ran his fingers through his hair and pulled it slightly, trying to calm his despair, to him Ivan was being beyond naive and foolish.