Chapter 11

The next morning, Link, Rowan, and Thalia were packing up their stuff onto three horses they were going to take on their journey to save the princess. It was still dark out, but the sun would rise any moment. At the same time, the three got on their horses, preparing to exit the castle grounds.

Link was the one in front, Thalia and Rowan were at both of Link's sides. Thalia was at the left of him while Rowan was at the right of him. Signaling his horse to go, Link was going on ahead as the two followed right behind.

While riding on a trail, Link pulled out the Sheikah Slate. Rowan was looking at the Sheikah Slate while maintaining his horse. "Where did you get that? I thought Zelda kept it in her possessions?"

Link swallowed. "I got it from her room. I know that's sounds bad, but I felt like the Sheikah Slate will help us. It has the entire layout of Hyrule, so I was trying to see which way to go." He remembered that there was a teleportation option, but it still needed major fixing. That would've come in handy if it worked properly.

"Last night, we all agreed that we will head towards Rito Village first, and gradually go down to Gerudo Town. And then we make our way towards Kakariko Village to let Impa know what's going on since I feel like she will help benefit us in finding Zelda. And then we make our way to Zora's Domain, and last but not least... Goron City."

Thalia had never really ventured out in Hyrule too much as her parents were only called into business occasionally. Her heart sank at the thought of parents, wondering if they were watching her from above. "I wonder if we can travel fast to all of those places. Isn't it a day's trip to each region?"

Rowan nodded. "Yeah. It will be a day to get to each region. And the next blood moon is in a week. If we manage to let everyone in Hyrule know the news about Zelda in five days, that will give us plenty of time to locate where she is."

Link shook his fist in the air. "And I'll give Ganondorf a piece of my mind!"

Thalia let out a giggle. "He's all yours for the taking, Link. I think you're the only one who can truly defeat him. Rowan and I will find and free Zelda."

Link nodded. "I think this plan will work. But we gotta be committed to it in order for it to work. If we slack off just a little bit, it will be tough to try to find Zelda before the next blood moon."

"Speaking of that... Why does the blood moon even exist? What is its purpose?"

Rowan came into the conversation. "I'm not so sure myself, but I've noticed that within every blood moon, enemies appear stronger. It's almost like the moon is giving them a boost up."

"Now that you mentioned that... It does seem that way. I remember the night I was attacked. They seemed... Really merciless."

Link looked ahead of the trail, looking back at the two. "You two might want to put on something warm. Snow is just up ahead."

While riding the horses, the three of them changed into something warm so they could manage in the sudden freezing temperature. Their path was gradually going up, now riding on a mountain.

Thalia was trying to find a good spot to stop for lunch since it was already lunchtime. As they were getting deeper into the mountains, Thalia spotted an abandoned campsite that had extra wood and flint nearby. "Guys. Let's stop to rest. I'm sure you two are hungry, right?"

As soon as she said that, both Link's and Rowan's stomaches growled, making them blush in embarrassment. Link took out his Sheikah Slate, trying to figure out where they were. "Ok, it looks like we're close to the halfway point to Rito Village already. If we eat lunch and continue on, we'll make it to the village by sundown."

Rowan nodded. "You're right, Link. Let's us take a break."

Arriving at the abandoned campsite, Thalia started a campfire, setting up a pot holder up above the fire.

Pouring fresh water in the pot, Thalia took out some supplies to cook lunch. She had preserved meat and veggies as she started to cut them into small pieces. Mincing them, she put them in the pot, putting the pot over the fire.

As soon as she heard the water boiling, Thalia added some spices into the pot. The combination of spices and the natural flavor of meat and veggies would blend together.

The pot of meat and vegetable stew was pipping hot. Thalia started to pour the stew into a few bowls. She passed a bowl to Link first. "Here you go."

Link's eyes sparkled at the sight of Thalia's homemade stew. "This looks so tasty!"

"Thank you!" Thalia then handed a bowl to Rowan. "Here you go."

Rowan gave her a smile as he took a good look at the stew. "You did an amazing job as always."

A slight blush appeared on Thalia's face. "Thank you so much..."

The three started to eat the stew in front of the fire. The flavor of meat and vegetables blended into their tastebuds with every spoonful. And plus, it warmed them up even more since it was only growing colder.

After lunch, the three were making their way towards Rito Village once more. The snow was only getting worse as the snow reached up to their horse's knees.

Since Link was in the front, he was trying his best to look ahead. "It's a good thing we ate your stew, Thalia, or else we would be freezing our asses off."

Though Thalia was warm all over, her face was freezing since it was the only thing that wasn't covered up. The same could be said with Link and Rowan. "I figured that I would make a dish like that since we're in this kind of weather."

Rowan's breath was visible as smoke came out from his mouth. "Are we almost close to our destination, Link?"

Link was checking the Sheikah Slate, trying to locate where they were. "If we keep going straight ahead, we'll arrive there shortly."

"I sure hope you're right. I don't want to be in this freezing weather any longer."

Thalia felt a shiver go through her body, a cold breeze caught her off guard. "I hope the village will be warmer than this..."

Passing through trees in the mountains, the three were making their way through, feeling like they were drawing closer. As soon as they reached the end of the trees, they could see a village down below. A relieved smile appeared on their faces, happy that they had successfully made it to their first destination: Rito Village.