Chapter 2

He looked at me shocked as I told him my name. The shock confused me but I quickly got over it when the old man, who I now know as Hershel, came into my room.

Rick left so Hershel could check my injuries, blood pressure and heart rate. This took about 5 minutes and after he was done he cleared me from bed rest so I could finally get up and start walking around. He gave me crutches to get around easier and walked out of my room. I still felt lightheaded but I mustered up enough strength to stand up and walk out the door. There were so many doors in the hallway as I wobbled with the crutches to find the bathroom. I opened to second door on the left and it looked to be a bedroom with Rick sitting beside the bed which held a boy, no older then 12, with bandages around his rib cage.

"Sorry!" I quickly said. "I was just looking for the bathroom"

Rick smiled a little and told me it was up the hall to the right. I thanked him and walked out. 

After I was done in the bathroom I slowly walked done the stairs, with quite a bit of help from Hershel's eldest daughter, Maggie. I could already tell that these people weren't like the man that I met in the woods, they were civil but kind, I knew they would do anything for each other." That reminds me, I turned to Maggie and asked,

"How long was I out for?" It only felt like a few hours as I was still pretty tired.
"You were out for 3 and a half days, we almost lost you twice."

I was shocked.

"Wow, I thought I was only out a couple hours."

After a couple minutes of talking, Maggie left me alone and went in the kitchen to make me a sandwich. I offered to help but she insisted so I decided to go out on the front porch.

I saw a man leaning up against the railing of the porch, who looked oddly familiar even though I only saw his back. He was very muscular and was wearing an angle winged vest and had a hunting knife in a sheath strapped to his left thigh. 

"Excuse me? Hi, I'm Hayley"

He turned around and I just froze not knowing what to do or say. No wonder this man looked so familiar. He was the first guy I ever loved. I would never tell him that but I knew in my heart that even after all this time, I still love him and that man is Daryl Dixon.

"D-Daryl?" I stuttered. 

I walked over to him as fast as i can with these stupid ass crutches and he immediately wrapped his familiar arms around my thin body. I breathed in the familiar scent of sweat, dirt and body spray. Most people would think it's gross but I just think it's comforting because I've known this smell since I met Daryl when I was 5, 24 years ago.

Maggie came outside with a ham and cheese sandwich and said,

"Oh you two know each other"

I told her how we met and everything and she gave me the sandwich and went inside. Daryl walked to his tent to get his stuff to go hunting while I went into the kitchen. I heard the front door open while I was sitting at the table but I didn't think much of it thinking that it was just Hershel or Maggie.

"Maggie? You in here?" I heard a strangely familiar voice but again, didn't think much of it.

Maggie and the mystery guy started talking, while I put my plate in the sink and was about to go upstairs when I saw him, someone I haven't seen since we got separated at the very start of the apocalypse. My brother. Glenn Rhee.

He ran up to me and hugged me even harder then Daryl did. We were both in tears while Maggie stood there dumbfounded. I briefly explained to her that Glenn was my little brother. He was 4 years younger then me. I was 29 while he was 25. This has been one of the happiest days since the end of the world before us. 

Sorry this was so short my fingers were starting to hurt from typing. Please don't forget to vote and comment what you think. I love getting feedback but I never actually get any. I am so so sorry that this part took over a year and y'all probably aren't even interested in it anymore but I'm gonna start updating all my books now because I found a new love for writing and I think I'm getting better. What do you think? So yeah I just wanted to get that put of the way, I'm also so happy on how my crappy other books are doing, the ratings in the hashtags are doing pretty well and I have like 450 reads on the other book that I actually hate so I'm going to be redoing it to my liking anyways, thanks for taking some time to read this. Love y'all and I hope you enjoyed. ❤❤

Word count: 878 words