f i f t e e n

y'all are so funny w ur comments ily all
we gonna be advancing in the story a lil bit next chapter hmm👀

warnings: some soft shit, some sad shit, crying, a lil bit of SHOOK MAYBE, unedited oops

Your POV

It felt like forever when Peter and I finished hugging. We lingered though, holding onto each other's arms, enjoying the feeling. I have never felt such a special-feeling hug with anyone, not even my parents, that I felt with Peter. We continued staring at each other and holding onto each other for awhile.

"Good morning you two!" May shouted as she walked into the kitchen. Peter and I let go and backed away from each other quite fast, not wanting May to question us.

"Y/n I called your mom last night and told her you were asleep and she said it would be best for you to just stay over night." I nodded in agreement, obviously, since it was already morning. "She is going to pick you up in about a half hour."

"Thank you, May. I appreciate it." She smiled at me and Peter and started to make a cup of coffee.

"Do you, uh, do you wanna go to my room?" Peter asked.

"Yeah sure!" We walked side by side down the hall to his bedroom. It looked as if he had cleaned up sometime since I got here. Probably when I was asleep this morning. We sat down with our backs against his bottom bunk.

"So are you going to see your dad today?"

"Maybe. I don't know. I want to, but at the same time it's just really really upsetting seeing him lay there and he doesn't respond when I talk to him or move. It hurts, watching him like that."

Peter's POV

I nodded my head in agreement to y/n's words. I couldn't imagine how upset her and her mom must be. Even I was upset. And to think, I could have stopped this whole thing from happening.

"I still wish it didn't happen, but it's going to be okay," y/n said. I felt so guilty. I knew it wasn't my fault but still, if my senses had kicked in, her dad would be walking and talking right now. While y/n was asleep last night, I went out in the city, as spider-man, trying to get rid of my guilt by doing something good. It didn't work.

"I don't know why this had to happen to him, he never did anything wrong. He's a great dad, the best, I miss him."

Y/n was lucky to have a dad, even though he is alive but not really. I barely knew my dad.

I started playing with my fingers, just listening to y/n rant. Then I started to hear sniffling, I turned and looked up at her. She was crying. I looked at her with such worry, I didn't really know what to do.

"Why do bad things happen to good people?" she choked out.

I couldn't watch her like this anymore. I leaned into her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "I don't y/n, I don't know. But what I do know is we can get through the bad stuff. Together! You, your mom, and your dad will get through this terrible thing. And me, I will always help you, like you did for me many years ago. We will help each other again."

She stopped crying and looked my in the eyes. Our faces were mere inches apart, we could feel each other's breath. And I could see y/n's tear stains drying up on her cheeks. Even though she was crying, she still looked absolutely beautiful.

We continued to stare at each other, I think it calmed her down, bringing her back to reality almost? But it made me nervous as hell. The girl I've always known so close to me. I felt myself leaning closer to her, I was numb, and couldn't control anything.

Then my phone rang. It startled us, y/n jumped. I unwrapped my arms from around her and took my phone out of my pocket. It was Ned.

I answered the phone with a shaky voice, "H-hey Ned. What's going on?"

"Peter! You will not believe what happened, Flash invited us to his party tonight! We are cool!"

"What?!"

"Well he didn't really invite us, he kind of invited the whole entire grade and some older kids but I mean we could still go. Do you want to? This could be awesome!"

"I mean, I don't know it doesn't seem like a good idea, and I- I'm with y/n right now," I said.

"Oh! Ask y/n if she is going! Oh and tell her i'm really sorry about what happens to her dad and I hope everything's okay. She can come with us to the party maybe? Michelle said she would drive us all."

"Okay, okay," I said into the phone then turned to y/n, "Are you planning on going to Flash's party?"

"That's tonight? It's Saturday oh my gosh. I said I would probably go. But I'm not so sure."

"Well you don't have to of course, Ned was just wondering becau—"

"No, you know what? I'm going to go. It will be good for me, lift my spirits, maybe get my mind off everything. I'm sure Dylan and Cass will be there too! I miss them," y/n cut me off. I internally sighed, Dylan and Cass. They aren't shit. She deserves someone so much better.

"Okay then, Ned said Michelle will pick us up later." Y/n nodded in approval.

I held my phone back up to my ear, "Ned? Yeah, y/n said she will go. Alright? see you later." I hung up and sighed.

"So, guess we are going to a party," y/n laughed. I smiled, glad she was somewhat happy now.

"Y/n! Your mom is here to pick you up!" May called from the living room. Y/n grabbed her stuff and headed to the door, I followed. May hugged her good bye and she thanked May. I walked y/n to the elevator and said good bye.

"I'll see you tonight, y/n."

"See you. Thank you for everything, again. I appreciate you. I love having a friend like you by my side," She gave a small, genuine smile.

The elevator doors closed before I could say anything to her. But I said it anyways, even though she wouldn't hear.

"I love having you too."