159. Listen

It's me again God,

Spending this time with You is all about just 'being' in Your Presence rather than 'doing' things. This time is all about You! I come to praise and adore You, lifting Your Name up above all others! You are the highest authority, the Name above all Names, the Prince of Peace, the great I AM! When I magnify You and give You the rightful place of honour in my life, things suddenly change.  All of my problems seem smaller in comparison with You, the God who made the universe.

Thank You for loving Me so much and wanting an ongoing relationship with me that caused You to send Jesus to visit earth for 33 years. Thank You that His purpose always was to die on the cross, taking the punishment for the whole world. Thank You that He rose from the dead, conquering death and the enemy once and for all! Thank You that He is seated with You in Heaven, preparing a place for me!

Lord I spend a lot of time speaking but I know that today You are pressing on my heart how important it is to learn to listen to You. Please help me to get my priorities right and know when I must be quiet and listen! I am inspired by the account of Mary who learned to sit at Your feet and listen, in contrast to her sister Martha, who felt the need to be doing things:

"As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord's feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing.

She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me."

But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.""
‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:38-42‬ ‭NLT‬‬

So there is only one thing worth being concerned about —Mary discovered it! She chose to listen! Lord I humbly come and sit at Your feet, choosing listening to You over all the tasks of this day. Thank You for speaking this Word into my life this morning. May I go on listening to You wherever I go today, being aware of Your voice over all the background noise of life.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.