Chapter three

Thnx for reading.

Hope you like it. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter three

Ava and Damon are still huddling under the same ledge, and it was still pouring, though they were not getting very wet because the ledge covered them pretty well, it was still freezing though. So Ava was wearing Stefan's jacket. Damon insisted that she wear it because she needed it more, he wanted to give her his as well, but she wouldn't let him.

"Where are they it seems like it has been hours sense they left." Damon said just as Ava shivered. "Are you sure you don't want my jacket?"

"Yes you need to be warm to, you know. I'm fine." Ava said with a big yawn.

"Here At least let me put my jacket around you, and you should really try to sleep. I'll stay awake and make sure nothing happens to you." Damon said

"No I shouldn't I need to stay awake, I need to know what is going on around me."

Ava said.

"No you don't, can you please try to go to sleep, or at least rest, just snuggle up under my jacket and I will keep you warm ok." Damon said, as he bent down and kissed Ava on the forehead.

"Ok I guess I'm a little tired" Ava said with a big yawn. "Hey Damon. Thank you"

"For what?"

Ava yawned and said "I don't, just everything. You have always been there for me."

"Well then you're welcome." Damon said "Ava?"

"What?" 

"I love you."

"I love you too." Ava said and snuggled in closer to him, and fell asleep.

After Ava fell, asleep Damon stayed awake and watched her sleep. He loved the way her long curly blonde hair framed her lightly tanned face perfectly, even when she's asleep. He was lost in thought, about Ava. When a baby black bear came into view, Damon didn't even notice it, the bear was sniffing around the ground, he was looking for something to eat, and must have smelt the food in Stefan's backpack. The bear was about three yards away from Damon and Ava, when Damon noticed that it was there.

He didn‘t want him to get into their food. "Oh hey get out of here bear" Damon said in a hushed voice. So that he would wake up Ava; but the bear keep on coming towards them. So Damon threw a rock at. He didn't hit the bear and he didn't intend to either, he just wanted to scare him away, and that's exactly what he did. The bear ran away back into the trees, where it came from. "Good, he left I just hope he doesn’t come back.” Damon said just as mama bear came into view. She was running toward him and Ava. She wasn't I'm the small clearing where the ledge they were under yet but she was close. "Ava get up. We have to go and quick." Damon said, gently shaking Ava's shoulder.

"Hmmm. What? Why?" Ava said with a yawn. "Because a big black bear is running towards us." Damon said getting up, pulling Ava up with him. He grabbed Stefan's backpack and they both started to run, into the woods.

They had just reached another clearing when Damon said "You run up ahead. I'm going to try and stop it or at last slow it down you can get away."

"What no, I'm staying with you. You can't fight a bear of lead it a different way with out getting hurt yourself."

"I know that, but I don‘t care you need to go now." Damon said. He looked back over his shoulder, they had a quiet a bit of a lead on the bear but they could never out run it, and they were wasting time, Damon could hear the bears feet pound on the ground, and a occasional grunt. He couldn’t see it yet but he knew it was close.