Chapter Three - The Binding Ceremony

It was past midnight when I returned home. I was searching the town for any familiar faces, so I was very disappointed to find out that all the people I knew were either gone or dead. I tried to hide my disappointment though. I wouldn't want Elysea or Adion asking about it. Bu just before I entered the main hall, I heard them fighting. And I guess I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"What do you mean we lost them?" Elysea yelled.

"The guards searched everywhere near Atropea. They are nowhere to be found." Adion answered.

"Well then send the mages!"

"It's not that simple." Adion mumbled.

"They could be anywhere, Adion! Fae inside our territory! Do you understand what this means?" Elysea said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Fae have broken inside Lower Atrëia? How could that have happened? How could I not have known about it? I decided it was time to walk in on them trying to hide something this big.

"Excuse me!" I said, making my presence known.

They both stopped talking and simply stared at me. Elysea knew that I had probably heard them, since she was yelling this much.

"Clarity..." Adion said.

"I'm going to assume you heard everything." Elysea sighed.

I slightly nodded and waited for them to act.

"Well it's true. We found out about it this morning." Adion said.

"That's why Adion made such a quick and bold decision." Elysea explained.

"I thought that taking the Fterotalis was odd..." I mumbled.

"However, you shouldn't worry about it. No one knows we're here, and I don't think the Fae will be smart enough to come to a random small town." Elysea said, using her calming smile upon me.

That was her gift, after all. She had the ability to make the atmosphere calm and peaceful. It used to fascinate me. Now I just think she uses it to avoid hard situations.

"Yeah... that's a good point." I said.

"Anyway! Don't worry about a thing, Clarity. Your Binding Ceremony will take place tomorrow inside the crystal rain forest." Adion said.

"Really?" I asked. I was surprised that such a place would be allowed to be used for such a purpose.

"The Elders agreed that it was a good location for the current situation."

"I see!" I said, cutting my voice short.

It was late and I knew that I would have to wake up early tomorrow, so I decided it was fitting that I went to sleep. I bid everyone goodnight and walked up the stairs until I arrived to my room. I changed to a more comfortable outfit and I laid above the covers of my bed.

I laid there thinking about my parents and my old friends until I fell asleep. The nest morning was not an easy one.

"Wake up, Princess Clarity!" An unfamiliar voice came ringing into my ears.

I woke up startled, almost jumping off the bed, only to see a couple of servants. Lorette hadn't come with us, so I wasn't familiar with these ladies.

"Your dress is set in front of your wardrobe!" One of them said, with a really high pitched voice.

I looked at the wardrobe and there stood an awful neon yellow dress with a black belt. I tried to hide my horrification so I wouldn't come out as rude.