34

"I want to feed mummy"
Shawn Mendes
July 5th

"Luna honey please sit still" I tell her trying to do her hair. "Can Heather do it?" She asks slumping down. "She's gone to get the cake darling" I tell her finally perfecting the bun after twenty minutes.

"Let me take a picture and send it to auntie Aaliyah" I tell her picking her up and putting her down on the floor. She stands up smiling putting her hands to the side. She wore a pink tutu and a black top along with nude coloured sandals as she wanted to dress like a ballerina and of course a badge clearly stating she was turning four.

"You look so cute" I pinch her cheeks then carry her downstairs as soon as I reach the bottom step Heather walks in. "Heather look! I'm look like you!" Luna giggles twirling around. 

Heather showed us a few of her dance videos, Luna became obsessed wanting to learn all the dance moves, the songs and dress like her in the videos.

"Oh you look gorgeous!" Heather tells her putting down the cake box to lift Luna up. "I love your hair" Heather says using her hand to smoothen down a loose curl that I couldn't get right but she does with one movement. "Daddy did it" Luna smiles.

"Where's your tutu?" Luna asks her. "I'll go get changed now" Heather bops her nose then puts her down so she can run off to play.

"You look handsome" she smiles walking over to me placing her hands on my white button down that I had tucked in to my black jeans .

"And you look hot, you know people aren't arriving for another half an hour" I tell her putting my hands on her bum. "And your daughter is here" she laughs hitting my chest then walks away upstairs before winking at me.

After ten minutes I hear Luna giggling and heathers sweet voice. I make my way to the living room to see them both twirling around, Heather was wearing a similar outfit to Luna, the theme was clearly ballerinas and ballet.

I start taking a video of them and soon Heather turns around, she walks over to me covering the camera. "Stop it Shawn" she chuckles wrapping her arms around my torso. "That was so cute" I tell her kissing her nose. "And you look really pretty" I whisper in her ear kissing just below her ear.

"You look incredibly handsome but where's your tutu?" She asks me raising her eyebrows. "I don't have to wear one darling"

"Oh yeah?" She asks leaning up on her toes to press a kiss to my lips. "Daddy! uncle Spence, uncle Matt, auntie Paige and auntie Ness and uncle Darren are here!" Luna says quickly running to the door.

Me and Heather follow her and I open the door. All of them wearing different coloured tutus. "Happy birthday doll" Paige leans down kissing Luna's cheek.

-
"Come on were gonna cut the cake now!" I shout gathering everyone's attention. Everyone surrounds the table and I hold Luna in my arms standing in front of the cake. "Where's heather?" I ask looking around.

"I'm here" she laughs, I go to her and pull her towards me. "You have to cut the cake with Luna" I whisper in her ear holding tightly around her waist with my free arm. "No no Shawn, you just do it" she tells me trying to move. "Luna wants you to" I tell her.

She nods standing beside me, she takes Luna in her arms giving her a kiss on the cheek and everyone begins to sing. I watch Luna and Heather whilst singing, Heather singing directly at Luna as Luna sets her big green eyes on to Heather watching her with a smile.

Heather tells Luna to blow out the candles and then she helps to cut the cake. Luna holds the small piece in her hands. "Shawn" Heather calls. I lean in to her and Luna holds up the cake to my mouth. I take a bite then feed Luna and Heather.