Chapter 7

Death stared out the window.  It's what he likes to do when he's bored.  Unlike Mortem's property, absolutely EVERYTHING was black, white, and fifty-one shades of grey.  The meaning of this is that Mortem has some color in his trees and garden, Death does not.  They both have a dull house, but Death doesn't have a colorful library either.

Death fidgeted with his scythe-shaped toothpick in one hand, and a worn-down teddy bear in the other.  Death's granddaughter, Susan, gave him the plushie when she was about five years old.  Even though it was covered with dust, and had an eye missing, Death made sure he kept the precious plush out of the reach of anything that happens to have sixty legs. For the toothpick, even Death gets curry stuck in his teeth.

He wiped the windows with his bone hands again, for it kept fogging up from the cold rain.  Something odd moved outside.  It ran around like a spider.  Death squinted.  After studying the odd object, Death dropped his toothpick.

OH, NO.  IT'S HIM.

Death dove behind a sofa right when the sound to the door slamming open.  He kept his glare at the running trunk that happened to skitter into the room.  It stopped in its track when it reached the center of the bear-skin rug.  It seemed to study the room to make sure nobody was watching.  Of course, a suitcase doesn't have eyes.  It coughed up Rincewind and Cassie anyways.

Rincewind struggled up to his feet only to be knocked down by Luggage.  It licked his face like a puppy.  Rincewind chuckled, attempting to push Luggage off.  It eventually climbed off of the wiz(Z)ard.  

"I hope he's not here," Rincewind whispered, "he's going to kill me."

"I'm pretty sure that someone as boney as Death wouldn't have a chance against a wizard."  Cassie picked up Rincewind's hat that Luggage coughed up a few seconds after Cassie.  The hat was a shade of scarlet with golden stars and moons.  The hat shone with bright butterscotch letters: WIZZARD.  "Gotta have that extra Z, eh?"

Rincewind nodded, his hands shivering and face sweating.  "We should go before he finds me."

The wizard sprinted across the room towards the door.  Before he even stepped one foot outside, the door slammed in his face, a force knocking him into the sofa.

I DON'T THINK SO,  a dark figure hovered over him.  It appeared as a skeleton wrapped in a smoke-colored robe with a cloak of midnight.  Its sockets glowed of a bright turquoise that was moderately transforming into a shade of crimson.

Rincewind held his breath, "please sir, let me go.  I promise I will not cause any trouble."

LAST TIME YOU SAID THAT YOU CARELESSLY USED THE MOST POWERFUL SPELL ON ME, CAUSING ME TO FALL APART!  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TOOK ALBERT TO PUT ME BACK TOGETHER?

"I apologize, sir-"

Death grabbed Rincewind be the back of his robe, and marched him outside.  He dumped him in the pond.  YOU CAN FIND YOUR WAY HOME, BUT I AIN'T HELPING.

Death entered back into the house, leaving Rincewind dragging himself out of the pond, gasping for air.