A week later. (Still Ep 5) BTW Ash ages in this book...

"Hey what's this?" Asked Shortcake showing Ash and Serena her phone.

Her phone showed a picture of Ash, who was dancing in a club with girls and the subheadings said 'News! A 16 year old boy of the name Ash Ketchum found dancing in a club with 30 girls!". Serena gasped, started crying and ran away. Ash, however did not cry but Shortcake knew that he was crying inside. Shortcake starting running after Serena but Ash stopped he by grabbing her wrist.

"Tell Serena..." Ash started tearing up. "That it's not real, and that I love her."

Shortcake nodded and ran after Serena. She ran to the Winterol Lake, followed by Shortcake and Froakie.

"Froakie Froak." Cried Shortcake. What have I done?
"Froakie..." Froakie Replied sadly.

Shortcake caught up with Serena and grabbed her by the wrist, just like Ash did to her, but more gently.

"Ash let go!" Shouted Serena, flooding with tears.
"It's me! It's a fake article! Ash couldn't keep up with you as he had a sore knee from earlier on today, but he loves you!" Smiled Shortcake.

Serena smiled back through a mist of ears.

"Come on." Cheered Shortcake

"Shortcake?"
"Yes?"
"What did happen to Ash earlier on today?"

Shortcake explains this flashback so it's Shortcake's POV for a bit.

"Pikachu use thunderbolt!" Shouted Ash.
"A little more quiet..." I warned. "Serena's somewhere here!"
"Oh right..." noticed Ash.

"Pikachu use electroball on the *cough*ee." Coughed Ash while pointing at a tree.

Pikachu looked confused.

"Co*cough* on Pikachu!" Shouted Ash.
"Pi-Ka-chupi!" Screamed Pikachu while hitting Ash with an electro ball.

"Pikachu Pika!" I asked. Why did you do that?
"Pikachu Pi!" Answered Pikachu.
"Pika Pika chuuuuu." I realised. Oooooh so you didn't hear Ash correctly and heared 'me' instead of 'tree"! Of course!

"Pika Pika!" Shouted Pikachu.

I nodded.

End of flash back no one's POV

"And I helped him!" Finished Shortcake while running after Serena who was running to Ash.

"How could I have been so stupid!" Shouted Serena. "Ash would not do such a thing!"

Shortcake smiled at Serena and threw a box with a ribbon around it at her. Serena caught it and smiled back at Shortcake.

"Ash!" Gasped Serena. "Here."

Ash unwrapped his gift sitting next to Serena on the floor.

"Thanks Serena." Ash smiled as he put on a matching purple bracelet that said 💜Ash💜 on it.

Ash, Shortcake and Serena suddenly gasped as the heard something familiar.

"Prepare for trouble." Said Jessie.
"Make it double!" Said James.
"To protect the world from devastation!" Sang Jessie.
"To unite all peoples within our nation!" Added James.
"To denouce the evils of truth and love!" Explained Jessie.
"To extend our reach to the stars above!" Shouted James.
"Jessie!" Added Jessie
"James!" said James.
"Team rocket blasts of at at the speed of light!" Explained Jessie.
"Surrender now or prepare to fight!" Shouted James.
"That's right!" Agreed Meowth.
"Wobuffet!" Shouted Wobuffet.
"Mantine!" Glooped Mantine

"Mantine? Who's that Pokemon?" Quizzed Ash.

"Mantine, the Kite Pokémon.

Mantine swims about the ocean majestically, and may fly out of the water if it builds up enough speed" Answered Ash's Pokédex

"I got it from a friend of mine!" Boasted Jessie."
"You have a friend?" Roasted Ash.
"Yes! Especially my fans!" Squirmed Jessie. "Ok I actually grabbed it from the woods. Didn't catch it though..."

Shortcake wrote on a board 'keep distracting them' and Ash turned around to look at her and nodded. Ash and Jessie had an argument while Shortcake took Mantine and Serena was sitting behind Team Rocket.

"Fenniken use Flamethrower!" Shouted Serena.
"Huh?" Gasped James.
"Looks like we're blasting of again!" Shouted team rocket.

"Phew" breathed Ash. "Huh?"

A blue light shined from Fenniken as Fenniken changed shape.

Did Fenniken evolve?