Chapter 2

Hey guys! Sorry about the long wait! I've been gone for the past week so I never had a chance to write and type this. Plus I just got hired for a job and the school year is approaching way to quickly! I'm trying as best I can to get this written for both your and my sake so thank you for being so patient! 

        <3 BrittaBee97

        Once we arrived at the new house, I took out my earphones and decided to finally look at the place. It was a large sandstone building with iron wrought gates around the property. The house had a giant entrance that had an arc shaped structure above it. There was a cobbled path going from the front lawn around the back of the house, that I knew had a swimming pool thanks to Daniel’s large mouth.

            I was impressed but also concerned due to our family not having the greatest funds. I wasn’t going to question it though. Most likely the money came from my college bank account. Luckily I was already looking into scholarships to deal with that.

            I got out of the car and grabbed my bags from the back and headed inside. The interior was just as extravagant as the exterior. A large living room space was to the left of the front door with a flat screen TV and fireplace. To the right was an archway leading to the kitchen, and immediately in front of me was a grand staircase going to the second floor.

            “Your room is the last one done the right hallway upstairs. Mine, Vince’s, the game room, and basically any other room you are NOT allowed in, is to the left.” Daniel told me, shoving into my shoulder and heading upstairs.

            Easy enough… So I head upstairs and to the right, passing a spare bedroom and bathroom before getting to my room. I walk in and notice that the walls are already painted a vibrant dark green, and a small bed is placed in the corner next to a sitting window. I can already tell that will be my favorite place to be.

\           For the next couple hours I unpack everything, putting my clothes into a large dresser and hanging up my music posters on my ceiling. I’ve always hated covering my walls with anything but picture frames and shelves, so I got into pasting them above me. I like any and all types of music. I have multiple country singers, rock, rap, Christian, pop, and even a couple scream posters up. One of Vince and Daniel’s friends, Dylan, is in a band called DTS and is the lead singer. I love his music, but I would never tell my brothers that.

            Right as I was setting up my dock for my iPod, I heard dad yell, “Alexis! Come down here, and make it quick!”

            As I hurried down the stairs, I couldn’t help but wonder what it was that is so important. I leapt down the last couple of steps on the stairs and walked into the kitchen, where I was guessing everyone was.

            “Oh good, there you are. One of our new neighbors invited us over for supper and told us to bring something for a potluck. Get to work on making a tater-tot hot dish.” Mom says with no hesitation. I sigh, knowing I can’t get out of this. Mom is a horrible cook, and dad, Vince, and Daniel don’t care enough to help. So I am always cooking for us. Tonight not being the exception. I washed my hands and went to get all the ingredients to make the hot dish.

            Two hours later, the food was done and we were heading over to the house down our road. It was a large red-brick house that was slightly bigger than ours. Though our houses were near each other, there were no others close by. We lived off of the highway on a small side street that allowed privacy for the couple of rich families that lived on it. The majority of the area however was occupied by our land behind our house and this neighbor’s. The land was honestly more beautiful than all the mansions.

            When we arrived at their house, we were greeted by the owner, Jason. He was tall and gangly with a balding head, yet didn’t look a day over 40.

            “Hi there, you must be the Englers. Come on in.” Jason says in a cheery voice. “The kitchen is right through there if you want to set it down.” He says to me, seeing that I have the food.

            I thank him and walk quickly into the kitchen. It is then I notice a shorter girl with brown and blue hair standing near the counter.

            “Oh hi, you must be Lexi. I’m Sam, it’s nice to meet you!” She says happily.

            I smile, knowing that this girl is going to be one of my best friends, given some time. “It’s nice to meet you too,” genuinely happy for the first time since this move.

            Maybe moving wasn’t such a bad idea after all.