Level 7: Bloom

Michael Da Vinci’s POV

The roses bloomed. The entire living creature stayed still. At this very moment, the whole world silenced when the daughter of the Messiah stepped out of the shadows.

It was as if Aphrodite gave up her position to this beautiful lady walking down the aisle. And god, her eyes… it reminded me of a shining bar of gold, purified in the highest temperature so that it melted into liquid treasures, poured into her finely shaped eyes.

I gasped in lack of air when her eyes beamed throughout the parameter as if she was searching for a prey. And when her eyes finally founded mine, she looked at me in such focus that even a laser would be put to shame; she was making me feel nostalgic. Like all the wisdom of the human kind rushed into my very being, it filled up my emptiness; nothing in my life had ever made me feel so—complete, so powerful.

“Irina…” her eyes widened at the mention of her name. Before I knew it, every pair of eyes was staring at me. Now and then, I realized it was me who said her name. I trembled for this unexplainable extraterrestrial information. I’ve never met her before. It was scaring me.

“Mikael,” she said, “come with me.”

Her voice was so soft and precisely accurate. She spoke in an ancient Jordanian accent and damn was it hot.

But she was a goddess; I was just a hopeless human being. There was something at the way she looked at me. She sure was the daughter of the Messiah but in her eyes, I can see there was darkness deep within. Could she be a devil? Could she be an angel?

Irina offered her hand and gestured me to follow her. Every step that I made to get near her seemed a thousand mile longer than it should be.

“Your highness,” Artemis called from behind, “I am not letting you take Da Vinci, please forgive me. He is a sinner; he must not touch you by any means until he’s cleansed.”

“You as well, sheriff,” Irina said, “You think you’re clean enough to step on my holy land?”

“No, Princess.”

“I know what you did.”

Artemis’ eyes widened, her aura suddenly changed into a mocking tone.

“Oh? So it was you who interrupted us last night. What a coincidence.”

“How dare you disrespect me? You filthy woman,” Irina spat.

“You are just blessed you were born by the Messiah’s power. You should have been judged too if it’s not for your father. The Messiah was obviously biased for his own daughter, wasn’t he?” Artemis looked at the Messiah with disgust. Why was she acting that way towards them?

“Ha! The whore speaks, and you say you’re a virgin? You’re a blasphemous woman!” said Irina.                                                                                                                    

“What—I am not!”

They both started a staring contest; they looked like they’re about to wring each other’s neck. I swear there’s something going on between them. But seriously, “What the hell is going on here?”

♞♞♞

“At the time Michael, the great prince, the protector of your people, shall arise. There shall be a time of anguish, such as has never occurred since nations first came into existence…. Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.”  Daniel 12:1-3

A/N: On the next chapter it will be writen in third person point of view.

 -sevheen7 ♞ the dark knight