Happier [Marlon x Reader]

I love my underrated Boiz. 

WARNING: TOXIC RELATIONSHIP MENTIONS AND FOUL LANGUAGE USED IN THIS ONESHOT. DO NOT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU (too lazy for apostrophes lol)

STORYTIME!

You just got our of a really toxic relationship a few months ago. It was so bad you couldn't even have friends or so much as talk to another man. Being attracted to men and your boyfriend well aware of that it was sensible, but he was too demanding. He would always yell at you, be too controlling, and sometimes he would verbally abuse you to get you to stay. You always told yourself it was because of his traumatic childhood or because of his previous relationship and that you loved him so much you were willing to deal with it. You never should have went through that relationship. You were so glad to get out of there and meet better people. Like your new boyfriend.

"Hey (name), watch this!"

Marlon called out from the top of the cliff he was on. You two were visiting a beach that had lots of mountains and cliffs surrounding it. You were in the sand, enjoying yourself with some Krabby and Wingull at your side. You watch in awe as Marlon dived off the cliff and did a triple summersalt and dove into the salty water. You started clapping as he resurfaced, cheering for your optimistic and ambitious boyfriend with a tan that even Niki Minaj would be jealous of. Marlon was pretty much the best at what he was.

"That was so amazing Marlon!"

You cry out to him, still clapping. He freestyle swims his way to the shore and runs up and slides next to you, sand sticking to his body because of the salt water. He is grinning like a proud idiot. You know, the kind of grin anime boys get when they impress their love interest. The best example of the kind of smile I'm talking about is the smile that Natsu instantly gives Lucy. Hopefully that's a good image of the smoke he was giving you.

"Good enough for a kiss?"

He rose his eyebrows, wiggling them suggestively. He always was a giant cuddle bug. Every since he met you it was obvious he was the clingy, overbearing type. He constantly wanted hugs and kisses randomly. Sometimes he would just grab you and hug you or kiss your forehead or just ask for a kiss out of nowhere. Wait, he doesn't ask. He steals them. But in the sweet and affectionate way where it's cute. At least Marlon respects your boundaries and listened when you tell him no. He was your healthy relationship. You love Marlon, and not like you loved your ex. You roll your eyes, grinning. 

"Alright sure."

He cheers as you lean forward and press a kiss onto his cheek. He beams with pride, making his smile go wider. A little bit of pink fists over his extremely tanned cheeks. That's when you heard a cough from behind you. You blinked in surprise and looked at Marlon. His face went pale before he scrunched up in disgust, reaching his arms out. He pulled you close to him. You felt safe in his strong, salty arms. But safe from what? You turn your neck over and suddenly you feel like you want to barf. Oh no. Not him.  Marlon snarls at him as he cracks that maniacal smirk of his. You never hated him more than you do right now.

"Hey baby, what are you doing? You left me for this mutt? Disgusting. Why don't you come home with me to where you belong."

You want to cry. You want to cry so hard. You never want to go back into that toxic relationship. You were so much happier here with Marlon. You thought this was empty. You were supposed to be alone with Marlon here tonight. Some date night it is. Marlon growls under his breath. Your ex tried to reach out for you but Marlon held you tighter, extending his neck to bite at his hand. He didn't want to break either of his hands away fron you in fear of losing you. Marlon was not going to lose you. Especially not to this guy who you said kept calling you horrible things. YOur ex snapped at his dog-like reaction. 

"Alright you fucking slut, I will could t to ten and you better be at my side or I will murder your little man-whore and make it look like a bloody fucking accident!"

You held onto Marlon. You won't let him go. You don't want to go back. You don't want to be hit and yelled at. You don't want to be called useless, a whore, slut, a cunt, a fukcer, a bitch, or anything related to that. You don't want to have sex very day despite hurting so bad and not Wanting it in the slightest. You liked being here with Marlon. You loved being happier. Why cant you just be happier? Marlon then let you go, standing up. Sand fell off of him in wet clumps. He wasn't going to let this motherfucker hurt his lover again.

"What gives you the right to order them around like that! If you truly loved (name), you would not have abused them! Now get the hell out of here before I drown you and drag you to the bottom of the ocean and have your soul eaten by the jellicent!"

Marlon snarled at him, taking his pokeball out. His jellicent. Your ex saw he was serious. He looked back at you and clicked his teeth. Your cringed, feeling like you were going to cry. This wasn't happening. This wasn't happening this wasn't happening this wasn't happening. But it was happening. At least Marlon could stand up for you when you couldn't. He smirked that grin of his.

"Well, you little bitch. Looks like you win round one. But guess what? I'll get you back one of these days." 

After that, he turned around and just left. He just left. Marlin relaxed after he was out of sight and he rushed over to your side, falling on his knees in the sand. He took his hand and wiped away the tears you didn't realize you were crying out. That was such a shock. That was such a terrible moment. You were shaking. You were actually shaking. Marlon held you close.

"Don't worry  I won't let him hurt you. Not now, not ever. Just stay happy for me, okay? I need you to be okay. I promise he won't hurt you and I promise you're okay. Please smile for me?"

As you let out your first Auidable sob, you tried smiling. You couldn't. Your lips quivered too much.

Was it so wrong to just want to be happier?

1123 Words

Goodness that took an angsty turn. Also, how are you guys enjoying the time change? I'm not. I'm going to sleep...

Thanks for reading and I love y'all! Good night! Or good morning. I don't discriminate where you live.

~Eva