Chapter 1

First Chapter, but the first was more of a prolouge. :3

I was happy people liked it :D

Enjoy the first OFFICIAL chapter :]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ib stared at Garry, he was looking sadly down at his rose now. She stepped closer and touched his face, making him look at her then blushes, averting his eyes almost instantly. Ib looked at her shoes; they were an interesting yellow colour. She pulled her hand back and smiled sadly. 

"Mary." She frowned, feeling mixed feelings of anger and depression. She thought this girl was her friend but really she was just a painting.  

Ib played with her rose, she thought back to when Garry traded their roses, Ib's for his. It was a selfless and caring move; she never thanked him for it. 

"Garry, thanks." She mumbled and felt strong, thin arms wrap around her, Garry had pulled her into an embrace. She closed her eyes and hugged back. 

"I would do it all over again, nothing different." Ib grinned and hugged him tighter. "Still, I didn't want you to die." She pulled away from their hug and looked at the familiar painting in the blue hall, where she had been 9 years ago. 

At least this time she knew more words. 

"We should go." He spoke in a concerned tone, gentle like a woman's voice. She laughed as he led her through the halls. 

"What is so funny?" He raised a brow, smiling. 

Ib put her finger to her chin and smiled. "Why do you talk like a lady?" She smiled and remembered back to the book Garry had closed on her earlier. 

Garry laughed nervously, feeling embarrassed more than the last time she asked that question. "I think it is better to be gentle than rough." He said the exact same words from back then, maybe a little different. 

Ib looked the paintings as they passed them, her eyes settling on some suspicious ones but nothing happened. She felt afraid though, more than she wanted to say. She glanced down at Garry's hand for 2 seconds and Garry caught her watching. 

He raised a brow and smiled. "What's wrong?" She grinned nervously, caught out. She decided to just ask what she wanted.  

"Can I hold your hand?" Ib fidgeted timidly and looked back at her yellow sneakers. She felt her hand be grabbed and his fingers intertwine with hers.  

This was different from the last time they held hands, Back then their fingers didn't wrap around one another and she didn't feel nauseous holding his hand, but she didn't feel like she was about to vomit. She couldn't pin-point the feeling, but it felt similar to being on a scary ride about to drop. An uncertain but good fear. 

Ib felt her face go red and her eyes unconsciously settle on Garry's hand which locked with his. He gripped tighter when they came to a room with two eyes and a fish-shaped hole beneath the eyes.  

"A cat." Ib whispered to herself and Garry looked at her oddly. "What?" She smiled; fear removed and touched the fish-shaped hole. "The cat wants some fish!" She exclaimed in an excited tone. 

Garry nodded but was still lost in her words; he hadn't experienced this part before. Ib gripped his hand tighter and dragged him through to the room on the left. They saw a stick figure, all black, smiling with red mouth and eyes. It had a note below it. 

"Play hide and seek?" 

They had no choice as the man disappeared. Ib grinned and winked. "I remember where he hides." She said and ran to his hiding place, finding him easily. 

"You find me, get your reward!" 

She pulled Garry over to the reward which was a wooden fish head. He cringed at it. "Gross, fish. I hate fish." Garry complained and Ib raised a brow at him, his expression blunt that made him smile and shrug his shoulders. 

Ib walked past the cat face and Garry halted, pulling her back. "Wait, why don't you put it in?" He asked and grabbed the head. 

"Can't give it half a fish Garry." He nodded and let her pull him to the room on the right side. They entered cautiously as statues stared at them. Garry seemed scared and moved closer to Ib. She blushed and didn't really mind, she was only wondering why she got flustered. 

She couldn't really remember which statue had the tail inside so walked over and read the sign, which she didn't really read just glazed over. 

Suddenly the lights flickered and she saw red glowing eyes from the corner. She grinned, now they were getting somewhere. 

A head statue grinned evilly now and moved out from its place. Garry, despite having been here for 9 years, fell behind her and screamed like a girl like he did back then. "Even with how long I have been here, I have never adapted to these things." He said in a high voice which made Ib smile. 

Ib watched as the statue closed in on them and Garry panicked more. "Ib, why aren't we moving?!" He yelled, getting nervous. Ib held him to his place as the statue got closer. It was at least one move from them. 

"Stay your ground, watch." Ib spoke slowly so the message would convey properly to him. He nodded briefly then waited beside her, squeezing her hand in anxiety.  

The statue bumped into the notice on the floor and broke into several pieces. Through the rubble she picked up a fish tail. "Ib, be careful .You might cut your hand." Garry warned nervously and Ib tutted, combining the tail and head to make a whole fish. 

"Ah, clever thinking Ib." He complimented her wits and she nodded, blushing. Again, she wondered why she blushed so. Ib brushed off the feeling then walked through the door, following behind was an eager Garry. 

They walked over to the eyes and she placed the wooden fish inside the spot for it. The floor shook, lights flickered and a voice that meowed, boomed through the room.

A path appeared and they walked along it. Now they entered a green room, a level with green walls. It felt so weird being back here, but with Garry behind her she kept on going.