Chapter 2

Five ♥️

After about 4 and a half hours of driving and listening to Syx's babbling, I was turning into the old neighborhood my brother used to run around in before he moved.

My nerves were on edge because I really didn't know what I wanted to do. All I know is that I'm getting my lick back for my brother no matter what.

As I got closer to the house, I noticed more and more people outside of it. It looked like they were having a cookout or something. As my eyes adjust, I finally realize they're the guys my brother had introduced me to hella years ago.

Still, my anxiety boomed with each passing second. They noticed me pulling up and one signaled for me to stop in front of them.

I do as told and park in front of the crowd and they waste no time surrounding my car.

Turning off my car, I open the door and begin to step out.

"Put your hood on and go straight in, we'll bring your baby and stuff in behind you. He's waiting in there for you.", some dude tells me and I nod.

I do as told, making sure my face couldn't be seen and speed walk up the sidewalk and into the house.

"That's you, Five?", a voice asks from the kitchen and I begin to walk towards it. "Yeah, it's me."

I step into the kitchen and a smile immediately creeps across my face.

"Hey, Cairo.", I say and his arms open for a hug. Of course, I oblige and walk straight into them.

"Wassup, babygirl.", he mumbles into my hair, holding me tight and rocking slightly.

It was weird. For a split second, all my worries disappeared. I was finally at ease.

We stay there for a few seconds until voices interrupts us.

"Here's your little man.", the same dude from a little while ago announces and I pull away to grab Syx. Once I finally look at him, I realize he's Cairo's younger brother, Monty.

"Hey, Papa.", I say to him, fixing his clothes. His eyes were fixated on Cairo. "That's Uncle Cairo, tell him hey."

On cue, Syx begins his babbling making Cairo laugh. "Wassup, nephew."

Cairo goes silent for a second and takes a good look at me.

"I'm so glad you're okay, lil' one.", he tells me and I wave him off. "Of course I am."

He shakes his head with a smile and sits down, then gestures for me to do the same. I sit in the seat across from him and rest Syx on my legs.

"So...", he begins, "They're more than likely about to take your car to my guy. He'll have a new VIN and paint job on it by the end of the week."

"I just wanna make sure you're okay, and that you actually wanna do this forreal.", he tells me.

I nod with a small smile. "I'm fine, for now at least."

"You know I didn't want you involved with that anyway. We could've upped the score right after it happened but you took damn near a year.", he says and I roll my eyes.