Chapter 2

Dean didn't want to but he prayed to Castiel none the less. " Castiel, Castiel, who may or may not be fucking up the world right now, can you get your feathery white ass down here, we gotta ask you something,"

Sam shot one of his famous bitch faces to Dean, but a moment later a displacement of air and rustle of feathers broke the silence of the bunker. There stood the trenchcoated angel, sporting his usual poker face.

"Hello, Dean.... Sam" Cas said, nodding his head slightly at the boys.

Dean looked to the top of Cas' head and there it was, the beautiful ring of blue fire. It spun lazily and was slightly tilted to the left. The fire burned bright as the angel looked into the older Winchester's eyes.

"Cas do you have a halo?" Sam asked bluntly, eying the top of the man's head.

Cas immediately looked to the floor as if he wanted it to crack open and swallow him whole. His face was tinted pink as he stood there. Dean watched as the halo moved closer to the angel's head and started to spin faster. Cas finally nodded.

"Why do you ask," His eyes flew to Dean's, searching the green pools for an answer.

Dean blanked. Was seeing an angel's halo a bad thing? Did he make Cas uncomfortable? From the way the man blushed? Probably. He was about to apologize and tell Cas it really didn't matter when Sam, who seemed to be ignoring the tension and awkwardness of the room, answered for him.

"Dean can see your Halo," He stated simply. His fingers began to tap silently on the map table as he awaited the answer, clearly intrigued what this meant for his brother and the angel.

Dean didn't think it was possible but the angel became redder. He was sure if he walked to the kitchen and got one of his brother's apples, Cas would be the same color. His halo kept rising high, then falling back down to his head. It moved like an ocean tide only much faster. The halo was spinning so fast it was only a blur. Dean was staring at it and immediately Cas noticed and looked back at the floor, his halo moved so far down, it looked more like a crown.

"Judging by the way that moved, I'm guessing this ain't good," Dean commented to no one in particular. His hands were by his sides, swinging slightly.

"Wait it moves?" Sam questioned with wide eyes. Cas also seemed confused, tilting his head to the side, the halo moved along with it. Dean explained how the halo moved, how it glew, how it spun.

Cas stared at Dean for a few seconds before returning his gaze to the floor. Sam exchanged a look with his brother that said What is he hiding?, then returned his gaze straight, zoning out. Dean pressed his palms together and rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet. The boys stood quietly for what seemed like hours but was, in reality, only mere moments. Dean finally broke the deafening silence.

"So, what does it mean if I can see your halo?" The question hung in the air for a few seconds.

Cas looked up towards Dean, not quite meeting the other man's eyes. He opened his mouth to speak and nothing came out. He closed it then opened it again quickly. The angel did this a couple of times, standing there looking like a fish out of water.

"It means nothing of import. Do not concern yourself with it." Castiel finally responded. His face was completely emotionless but his halo stayed pressed against his head, moving very slowly. In a blink, the angel was gone from the bunker, leaving the brothers to ponder what he had said.