Chapter 9- The protection spell

Authors note:  I will not be able to update as frequently as usual. With school and other things time is becoming tight and I won't be on here as much, although I will still be updating. So don't give up on me and don't fret i'll never update again, because I will. Hahah! Thanks for all your feedback! You guys are awesome :)

Chapter 9-Wanted

 I did not play to get fair; I played to win, obviously.

I knew that bringing up that night would get Lynus to fear me just enough so that he hated me but loved me at the same time. He would never be able to resist that bond him and me had shared but lucky for me, I could. I was not Brooke; I was not the sweet, innocent, gullible, forgiving vampire. I was the dangerous witch, the vampire, an immortal, crazy and powerful. However, I was also alone. My family was gone, I had pushed away most of my friends and Lynus was out of the question.

“You’re not alone. You haven’t got rid of me just yet.” That voice was so familiar but yet so far away. I must have been, had to be dreaming. I opened my eyes, expecting nothing but he was there, Blake was standing right in front of me.

I flung myself into his open arms and cried on my brother’s shoulder. I had been so desperate and on my own two seconds ago but now, I felt like a million friends surrounded me. “I’ve missed you so much, but why aren’t you with mom and grandmother?” I questioned.

“I figured they were old enough to take care of themselves and I had to come whoop some werewolf tail. Where is that douche bag?” Blake barked.

“Don’t worry about him Blake; I’ve got him taken care of. He won’t be forgetting what I said to him any time soon.”

Blake looked confused “What did you say to him?”

I shrugged and Blake took it as a sign to drop the Lynus situation. “Um, well since you’re dealing with the heartbreak and he’s dealing with uh…never mind, I’m just going to go gather everyone up and start talking war strategy. Bristol, do not forget the real issue here amongst all this drama. We still have a world to save.”

I nodded my head, not really taking in a word Blake was saying. I knew there was still a War to be fought, but why hadn’t it started? What was Bladeit waiting on? I cringed just at the thought of his name, forgetting Blake still had not walked away.

“What was that face for Bristol and don’t just shrug it off.”

I snapped out of my trance and looked at Blake trying hard not to mention the kiss Bladeit and I had shared. “I was just wondering why Bladeit hadn’t started the War yet,” I mumbled.

“Oh,” he replied opening his arms for a hug. I stepped into his arms with more meaning behind the hug then he would have ever known. Blake was the only real person there for me; he was the only one I had.

“See you soon,” I said.

He looked at me smiled and walked away. Watching my brother walk away reminded me of my father. Blake looked just like him. He was handsome, yes, but every time I looked into his eyes it reminded of the pain and hurt my dad had put me through. I plopped down on the wet grass and thought about my father. I smiled at the memories but cringed at the pain.

“Daddy, daddy higher,” I could practically hear my six year old self-squealing as my father pushed the swing harder. I remembered feeling as if I could reach up and grab the sun; it was the happiest moment of my life. What I would not give to have those days back.

A loud voice interrupted my thoughts, it was Jeremiah.

“Hey cowboy,” I said standing up.

“Hey pretty lady!” He replied with the light southern drawl.