Chapter Four

'Oh Pin, this is perfect. I can't go without an escort and it would be amazing for Lord Peto's latest invention to meet his first invention. Oh Pin, you must, oh you must come with me,' she prattled on in excitement.

Pin was a little perplexed by this stage and had to maintain his balance while she pulled on his arm. She stopped skipping and took his hand, whipping him around a corner so fast his goggles nearly fell off his head. She held on tight, and marched him towards the sky-dock.

'What a perfect way to start the day,' she declared and continued on about it being her third time sky-side, but since her father was a fisherman they couldn't migrate there, blah blah blah. No truly, she told him 'blah blah blah'. It was enough to add to his confusion that he stopped before they reached the dock office, nearly knocking her off balance again. With quick-smart reflexes he held her up right before she landed on her bustle in a puddle of greasy water.

'Honesty, what is this 'blah, blah, blah' you speak of?' he asked.

'Oh, you silly,' she giggled. Then when she realised he was serious she explained, 'My father, he won't take me cloud-side. He says its not place for a merchant's daughter, let alone one as wealthy as I. It's like he hates me and wont let me have any fun at all.' She folded her arms in front of her and huffed her hair out of her eyes. Pin didn't know what to make of her actions. He'd never seen a person pout before.

Spidie tapped his neck again and pointed towards the markets, reminding Pin of his task at hand. But Pin was too distracted. After all of Honesty's blah blah blahing on about it, he really wanted to see Skylands. He pulled out the four gold coins and held them in his open palm. When Honesty saw the coins her eyes went wide with excitement.

'Honesty, I am to go to the markets to bring back coils for Pepe. He needs them for his foyer.' he tells her. She tried to touch the coins but Pin closed his hand before she could.

'These are not for you, Honesty, they are for a merchant.' he declared.

'But Pin, we can buy everything we need cloud-side, don't you know that, silly?'

'Skylands has merchants, Honesty?' He asked as Spidie tapped his neck again. Pin took one look at Honesty and her excitement and flicked Spidie to the cobble street road.

'They have merchants, penchants, coppers, tinkers, grocers, and more, Pin. Its the most amazing place in the world.' She took his hand and again towed him towards the dock.

Standing at the sky-dock office booth, she paid one coin for herself and another for Pin. When the ticket agent eyed them both, Pin remembered to smile his gratitude as Pepe taught. With their tickets in hand they both boarded the small silver-and-orange Zeppelin and found a seat near the starboard side.