Prologue

"Stop acting so small.

You are the universe in ecstatic motion.

Set your life on fire.

Seek only those who fan your flames."
_________________________

It hurt.

Everything hurt.

I could hear the distant cries of my people behind me, but I continued running.

Mommy said to keep running, no matter what.

She didn't say where.

She just said to run, and everything would be okay.

The forest passed by me, yet somehow I didn't recognize any of it. I had only ever been here with Father, and it was usually sunny, right now everything was dark.

Why did it have to be so dark?

I felt a warm liquid trailing down the side of my face, and lifting my hand, I wiped my forehead, my skin stinging at the contact. Glancing down at my hand, I froze when I saw blood.

That's why it hurt so much.

My knees gave out in that moment. The tears that had been blurring my vision slid down my face, and I began to sob.

"Alexandria, relax, It'll be okay."

I heard my wolf, Selene, whimper.

"No! No! It won't!" I yelled, shaking my head.

"Mommy and daddy are gone, and Alexius is..."I choked on a sob as I remembered my brothers fate, the way that monster had slit his throat.

"H-he's gone," I cried, and she fell silent.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, the only sounds being my own heart wrenching whimpers, before Selene spoke up again.

"That's why we have to live, Alexandria. We need to continue, for mom, for dad, for Alexius, for our kingdom."

"I-i can't," I said, my body tired, and black dots began dancing in my vision.

Before I knew it, I had fallen unconscious on the forest floor, the tree roots digging into my skin, leaving an unforgiving reminder of what happened that night.

*********************
Welcome